318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Track, Auto-X & Drag Racing

Notices

Track, Auto-X & Drag Racing Discuss "organized" racing, car set-ups, driving techniques, track tips, events, driving schools, maintenance and more.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,009,522 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 04-27-2005, 10:39 PM   #31
myblueTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_hegel
A lot os si's around here are turbo or run nitrous, Saint Paul had a huge asian population. and my clutch is dying out which doesn't help.

do you go down to the midway on the weekends? So many civics but the new trend are those neon srt-4 whick are fast as hell. they can pull pretty good right out of the factory but its still a dodge
myblueTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 11:13 PM   #32
nick_hegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblueTI
do you go down to the midway on the weekends? So many civics but the new trend are those neon srt-4 whick are fast as hell. they can pull pretty good right out of the factory but its still a dodge
Yeah those SRT's are pretty quick. But only retards buy them cuz of the marketing of them and have no individual style in modding a car. and you are sooooo right about it being "still a dodge." As for midway, I used to go a lot when i got my first car, but I hate the sppd. they pull everything in sight over for nothing and just harass kids. I quit going cause I was sick of seeing asian cars everywhere and getting stares from hardasses in mustangs . I enjoy "schnitzeled" cars more than riced ones.
'96 Alaska Blue ti w/ Supersprint cat-back exhaust...Dinan CAI & Chip...Eibach Pro-Kit Springs...Bilstein Sport shocks...BavAuto camber kit...Brembo d/s rotors...UUC SSK...Centerforce Dual Friction clutch...TMS 9lb flywheel...18 inch OZ Rims...Carbon-Fiber dash/gauge bezel...Momo Shift Knob...Indiglo gauges...Schroth Harness...ZKW's/ProLumen 6k HID...Predator Chromiums
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...urowerksig.jpg
nick_hegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 11:18 PM   #33
nick_hegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KdCass
Nice Kill New SI look like little minivans.

I drove a 95 vtec accord with short ram air intake. 2.2l SOHC stock @145 It was deffinatly had a torquey-er feel than my BMW. The Ti is geard more for acceleration so I think its faster. Off the line I think the accord would have the jump.

Before that a 91 si crx (coolest looking honda ever, well until s2000). It felt very similar to the BMW more so than the Accord.

Of course I'm only comparing acceleration. The Ti is WAY better in any other comparison.

Your car looks really sweet and Im sure it sounds great.

Guess I just had to state the obvious: 18in rims and 200lbs of stereo equipment is gonna really slow you down.

-Dave 98 117k
Thanks, LOL I know, I know she has "gut" u could say. But it helps to drown out the fart cans when I crank the stereo. I should mention most civics don't pull on me in the twisties, thats when they go to hell cuz they bought their entire suspension on ebay for 39 bucks.(Not a lie, I know a kid who bought his "coilovers" for an '92 acura integra on ebay for that much)
'96 Alaska Blue ti w/ Supersprint cat-back exhaust...Dinan CAI & Chip...Eibach Pro-Kit Springs...Bilstein Sport shocks...BavAuto camber kit...Brembo d/s rotors...UUC SSK...Centerforce Dual Friction clutch...TMS 9lb flywheel...18 inch OZ Rims...Carbon-Fiber dash/gauge bezel...Momo Shift Knob...Indiglo gauges...Schroth Harness...ZKW's/ProLumen 6k HID...Predator Chromiums
Old 04-27-2005, 11:26 PM   #34
nick_hegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by m44ic
I think a small dose of boost will fix this problem
mmmmm boost. I've been thinking about that or a swap. Waiting until I have the car paid off and then save up for a Downing Atlanta sc. Maybe a turbo but I haven't really decided cause I'm not that close to doing it yet.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:15 AM   #35
Csvt

well i am totally lost on what you guys are talking about.. but here are some pics of the SI

Csvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 03:49 AM   #36
m44ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csvt
well i am totally lost on what you guys are talking about.. but here are some pics of the SI

hey Ive seen that car Before,.....in my rear view mirror. lol
Mods: clear turn signals, Silverstar headlight bulbs, k&N custom CAI, removed A/C, lightened crank pulley, painted brakes, custom clutch stop, custom strut bar, x-brace, custom solid tranny mounts, Memphis sound system, Sachs sport clutch, B&M short shifter, lightened flywheel, redline MTL ....

Emberrassing honda owners one drive at a time

http://members.cardomain.com/mghockey
m44ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 03:56 AM   #37
Csvt

i uhh.. um.. saw your car throught the front window moving away from us FAST!
Old 04-28-2005, 03:56 AM   #38
m44ic

Quote:
mmmmm boost. I've been thinking about that or a swap. Waiting until I have the car paid off and then save up for a Downing Atlanta sc. Maybe a turbo but I haven't really decided cause I'm not that close to doing it yet.
my vote would definetely say, boost, these little b@stards have so much potenial. for example Raima ran something like 13.2 on 19 psi S/C'd
Mods: clear turn signals, Silverstar headlight bulbs, k&N custom CAI, removed A/C, lightened crank pulley, painted brakes, custom clutch stop, custom strut bar, x-brace, custom solid tranny mounts, Memphis sound system, Sachs sport clutch, B&M short shifter, lightened flywheel, redline MTL ....

Old 04-28-2005, 10:28 AM   #39
Virgil

Screw boost, I want my M3 euro engine baby.... 3.2 liter 340 hp and all the class you can handle with an M3 under the hood.
Virgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 02:55 PM   #40
m44ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil
Screw boost, I want my M3 euro engine baby.... 3.2 liter 340 hp and all the class you can handle with an M3 under the hood.
cant deny that either, I love to hear that inline six scream.

Old 04-28-2005, 03:51 PM   #41
nick_hegel

Quote:
Thanks for helping me make up my mind!!! jk
Old 04-28-2005, 04:31 PM   #42
m44ic

Quote:
Thanks for helping me make up my mind!!! jk
your welcome

Old 04-29-2005, 02:29 AM   #43
Csvt

Quote:

get a job with me and you hear it every day
Old 04-29-2005, 04:53 AM   #44
nick_hegel

What field do u work in? I'm looking at being a loan officer for mortgage company in Saint Paul. and just out of curiosity where the hell is Cottage Grove, Wisconsin???
Old 04-29-2005, 03:33 PM   #45
m44ic

Quote:
What field do u work in? I'm looking at being a loan officer for mortgage company in Saint Paul. and just out of curiosity where the hell is Cottage Grove, Wisconsin???
he works at Zimbrick and Cottage Grove is about ten minutes outside of Madison its like pleasant ville suburbs