318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Engine Swaps

Notices

Engine Swaps Engine conversions.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 989,520 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 02-10-2005, 06:46 AM   #16
Alex Lipowich

Default Reply to email

Sorry about the delay.

From the above message, there was a question about oil cooling and how it was supplied on the LTW.

The LTW did have the oil pan and dual pickup pump in the trunk wrapped nicely and not installed. None of the LTW were sold from dealers or PTG with Euro motors, though the Snyder Brothers here in chicago had theirs built that way at PTG..... and they are works of art. The LTW had stock US M3 motors without the oil coolers.

Also from above, I anticipate selling a complete oilpan with dual pickups etc delivered anywhere in the US for about $900. First shipment hit Montreal last night, so very shortly I will be able to sell this stuff. Very exciting!
Alex Lipowich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 10:28 PM   #17
clex2

Alex,

So my car is almost J!ms twin. Red with an s50USB30 conversion. This spring I intend to do some work on the car. I'm installing Schrick cam/injectors/SW, euro oil cooler, oil pump nut retention, and while I was at it, I was thinking of baffling the oil pan. Now that I've read your thread, I'm thinking might as well do the dual pick up pump/pan instead of the Turner baffles. I'm interested if you've got some to sell.

Chris Lee

Rogue Engineering 330ti
clex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 10:26 PM   #18
BMWaffectSean

Alex,

I'm very interested in the Euro motors and would love to go into frther detail w/ some aspects of pricing. Could you please e-mail me @ progresshon@hotmail.com

Thank You.
BMWaffectSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 11:55 PM   #19
Alex Lipowich

hello Sean,

I have received the first container from europe, and done all the pertinent math, so I have firm prices set now.

As mentioned, people that are buying an engine package may also have access to a host of other go-fast-goodies such as dual pickup oilpans, 3.2 headers, track pipes, Catalytic converters if you need to pass emissions, mufflers etc....

Please do not ask me what my best price is, I'm not particularly into haggling, and I've priced these to move quickly. In case anyone hasn't noticed, the british pound and euro are kicking our collective behinds, and its not inexpensive to bring this stuff over anymore.

Alex. Please see the website for prices.

http://abloriginalparts.com
Old 03-13-2005, 02:22 AM   #20
AlaskaBlue

E36 S50B30 Euro Motor Package...How many miles are on one of these engines? Did they come from left hand or right hand drive cars? Would YOU be able to install this?

Thanks
Old 03-13-2005, 05:55 AM   #21
Alex Lipowich

Default Mileage and installation in Midwest

The two motors have between 50 or 70K miles. Very low miles. I personally am able to install the motors, but don't have the time or inclination to do so. I can comfortably refer people to local talent for the installation, and if someone in the midwest is serious, I do believe I could arrange for competitive pricing on an installation. But, this has not yet be requested, and frankly, I'm not planning on opening a shop to do this kind of work.

Locally Patrick BMW has extensive experience with transplants such as this. In addition there is at least one local shop that could probably take this on as well.

Alex.
Old 03-13-2005, 05:55 PM   #22
sKunkman

This looks like its probably the best reliable hp increase you can get for 5k, but i still dont have 5k to spend. I would do it if I had the money.
sKunkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 06:34 AM   #23
Virgil

Hey, just the man I wanted to see, they want 7k w/o tranny for the same 3.2 euro m3 motor on bimmerworld, ripe off. I could by a turbo kit and have it installed for cheaper on an m3...

Anyway, here is what I was thinking of...

3.2l Euro m3 motor
Schrick Camshafts
Cold air intake (take care of this one on my own)
UUC pulleys
Victory product design oil cooler kit

This was taken off a recent article in euro tuner but I was thinking of this long before I saw the article it just helped my thought process along.

Also, any ideas wether a custom quad-tip exhaust is possible, ah-la e90 m3? I love the look of it and would like to have a little show with my go along with a tastefully done widebody to give it the DTM look. Anyway, let me know what you can do performance wise to the engine and how much a slightly beefed up motor would go for. I hate to do the "hey how much would this cost" and not buy anything because I am still planning out my project but I need to get a bearing on price.
Virgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 06:36 AM   #24
Virgil

Also, how is handleing changed? obviously I will do suspension work but I would like to know what your impressions are with the added wieght in the front.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:46 AM   #25
Alex Lipowich

Default RE: Options for Virgil

I responded in private to Virgil.

The short version is that the euro 3.2 is not as easily tuned in the US as the 3.0 version. Schrick does make cams for both engines, but of course doesn't supply you with programming to take advantage of them.

Still have a Euro 3.0 ready to ship, and another that should be ready within a month when I clean it up and put a proper harness and intake on it. There was some damage to it from the donor car that precludes selling it as is.

The Group N, the M5, and a 3.2 have all been sold along with the CR transmissions. I have one core CR trans left.

Alex Lipowich
Old 04-26-2005, 10:13 PM   #26
Virgil

Ahh, what is the output of the 3.0 euro motor?
Old 04-26-2005, 11:06 PM   #27
Alex Lipowich

The euro 3.0 engine is rated at 286 HP. This was probably an intentional bit of marketing to bask a bit in the old glory of the S38 senior six M engines that were found in the euro M5 and M635csi models. We got the toned down version of those engines at 256 HP in our M5/M6 cars. The 286 may not seem like much compared to what you get with a US spec M3 E36 engine, but in reality, it is hugely difference in terms of torque, redline, "rev" tolerance and pure adrenaline rush induced by the 6 TB set up, and the feeling when it "comes on cam". EVERYone has heard of money shifts and the problems associated with hydraulic valves... the S50B30 has of course the better set up with shims and buckets.

Alex Lipowich
Old 04-27-2005, 02:26 AM   #28
Virgil

True, what performance mods would you recommend, simple stuff to tack on an additional 15hp or so to compensate for parasitic drivetrain lose?
Old 04-27-2005, 12:42 PM   #29
Alex Lipowich

responded in private.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:25 PM   #30
Alex Lipowich

Default RE: More engines coming

Second container hits Chicago this week or next. Its in Montreal. I will have full pricing available once I check on condition, appearance, and have the final bill for the transport of these 5 motors.

Have 5 and 6 speeds coming as well.

This is the second shipment, and if anyone is looking, please email me at xyobgyn@aol.com to look into buying a euro motor.

Alex Lipowich