318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Exterior

Notices

Exterior From spoilers, lights to body kits and window problems.

» Recent Threads
My 318ti build
05-21-2024 04:48 PM
Last post by two30grain
Yesterday 06:42 PM
1 Replies, 1,706 Views
E30 trailing arms
Yesterday 04:43 PM
Last post by packratbimmer
Yesterday 04:43 PM
0 Replies, 140 Views
OMG!OMG!
Yesterday 08:53 AM
Last post by Kathylaf
Yesterday 08:53 AM
0 Replies, 302 Views
FS: Racing Dynamics RGR...
05-24-2024 03:29 AM
Last post by 7Senna8
05-24-2024 03:29 AM
0 Replies, 1,129 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 10-09-2009, 02:22 AM   #106
Bluebimma

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcalahane View Post
.... more importantly i am going to permoting his products yes, but he also doesnt want to make anything for my car unless he knows people are willing to buy it, like any smart bussiness man he understands supply and demand...
Youre saying he doesnt even want to make it unless someone else, besides you being the only one to commit for a base mold.

The supply doesnt exist yet, how can you fufill the duties of a supplier if you cant provide an example to the specified genre of purchasers? All im saying is, youll have much better luck trying to help promote and sell a "Carbon Fiber Hatch" if you actually had one made to show for your promoting.

Its not being spiteful, nor is it rude. If you want to teach someone on how to market parts, then do it the correct way, have something to show for it, instead of hoping that people will jump on the bandwagon for a product with such a wide price range, unknown quality, and unknown fitment. Plain and simple, get a working model to help promote.

1998 Schwartz II sport 318ti - M50TUB25/5

Last edited by Bluebimma; 10-09-2009 at 02:24 AM.
Bluebimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:03 AM   #107
HuGo

+1

No one is being rude but being honest. It is what it is and if you can't accept that then IDK what to tell you. If you can't take it, I suggest you end this thread.

Now..

For all you know, once you make it (which I doubt) and show the product the demand may actually grow if people like it. For all we know (again not me) the product may come out better than we expect. Sometimes you don't think of things you want and sometimes once you see something you'll want it. Here's an example... I didn't think ahead of wanting to buy a surround system. But one day I went to best buy and I saw one. I saw the surround system, I heard the potential and the price was right. So I then purchased it. I never thought beforehand that I wanted to get a surround sound system. This could be the case in this situation.

NOW GO OUT THERE AND MAKE THE CF HATCH CHAMP!

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:31 AM   #108
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

I actually use my hatch alot as I assume most people do. I haven't seen a CF hood yet that uses the factory hood struts. I didn't use them on my last CF hood because there wasn't even a place to mount them. The reason being, carbon hoods can't handle that type of stress and will eventually crack around the strut supports. That being said, a CF hood is a fraction of the weight of a hatch. Now if you're building a CF hatch that utilizes the factory glass, it's not going to be that light. So the question is, is it going to be able to accomodate the factory hatch struts? Will it crack around the support brackets? What about around the latching mechanism? What about around the glass? And finally, if the hatch falls without the struts, the glass will shatter. Ask Bozola.

Not trying to shoot down your dreams, just sayin if you do end up with one, slam it a couple hundred times and let us know how it holds up
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:21 PM   #109
budget76

How much on the M3 bumper front lip? This guy needs a site. Even if he doesn't advertise the actual TI parts, seeing the fitment he's able to do on different cars is sometimes enough.
1995 318TI base. 95 2.5L from 325IS. S50 cams+pistons, e36 M3 front brakes. H&R race springs F+R. Turner Motorsport front sway bars, M3 control arms. M Roadster rear sway bar. Racing Dynamics strut brace. e36 325i 5spd. 3.25lsd from e28 535is. M Roadster short shifter. Conforti chip.
budget76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:57 PM   #110
pcalahane

Vehicles

Look on my profile for pictures of hood/hatch

-1996 318TI ACTIVE PACKAGE (ALPINE WEISS): 75-0MPH IN 3 ROLLS AND AN END TO END FLIP.
Mods: Complete M3 Body Kit, Carbon Fiber Side Mirrors, Carbon Fiber GTR Hood, Carbon Fiber Hatch, Carbon Fiber Sunroof Panel, Blacked Out Ambers and Taillights, 17' TSW Nagaro Rims, European Front License Plate, Sripped Out Interior, NRG Deep Dish Steering Wheel with MOMO Hub, NRG Carbon Fiber Shift Ball, Pioneer Avic N2 Stereo (Navigation/Bluetooth/CD), Cosmo Racing Cold Air Intake, Passenger Airbag Delete, Rear Wiper Delete, Blacked Out Kidney Grills, Projector Fog Lights, manual windows
-1996 318TI CALIFORNIA EDITION (SCHWARZ ZWEI): BACK IN BLACK!
Current Mods: European Front License Plate, Rear Wiper Delete, Bosch Miata Battery, Blacked Out Ambers, 17" Contours (non-staggered), Kenwood Stereo (Bluetooth/USB/CD), City Lights, Corner Running Light Delete, Rear Taillight Mod (//M style brake light), Passport 9500xi Radar Detector (Hardwired), Laguna Seca Decal, Stripped Out Interior, Debaffled Airbox, Blacked Out Kidney Grills, Fog Light Delete, M3 front bumper w/ lip, Sparco Hood Pins, Sparco Trunk Springs, NRG Carbon Fiber Shift Knob, Rokkor Coilovers, Magnaflow Muffler (11225)

Whats Coming Next: NRG Steering wheel, Corbeau Forza Seats and Sliders (X2), NRG Race Style Steering Wheel with MOMO Hub, UUC Clutch Stop,, M3 Side Moldings, Manual Window regulators
pcalahane is offline   Reply With Quote