318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Regional Forums > United States > California > SoCal

Notices

SoCal For the discussion of social events in Southern California only.

» Recent Threads
My 318ti build
05-21-2024 04:48 PM
Last post by two30grain
Yesterday 06:42 PM
1 Replies, 1,715 Views
E30 trailing arms
Yesterday 04:43 PM
Last post by packratbimmer
Yesterday 04:43 PM
0 Replies, 148 Views
OMG!OMG!
Yesterday 08:53 AM
Last post by Kathylaf
Yesterday 08:53 AM
0 Replies, 311 Views
FS: Racing Dynamics RGR...
05-24-2024 03:29 AM
Last post by 7Senna8
05-24-2024 03:29 AM
0 Replies, 1,140 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 09-14-2007, 07:11 AM   #76
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazoh View Post
Hugo got the same radio you got then, my cousin had it install in his car until they broke his window and stoled it!!!! Up until that point that radio worked fine and the sounds was very good. I'm sure you guys will not be disappointed.

HuGo, let me know if you want me to help you install it. there might be a charge though
Kiss my ass with the charge. You already owe me from that bet. LoL and this guy thought it was an Inline 6......

Hey Harold, the head unit on my Ti right now is the same. 180Watts.
But are you sure the music wont skip no more?

The only way i know FOR SURE the music wont skip is if i heard music from the flash drive which now i need to purchase

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 07:12 AM   #77
Marv17

dang its gonna be one of those again. ppl meet up for one thing and all of a sudden everyone else shows up to help out or some other project happens like last time.
but yeah, if garik goes ill want to come up and learn and help out for whenever i do mine. just for the knowledge. maybe Lazoh could show me how to take out my ECU for when i want to get it tunned.
Marv17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 09:31 PM   #78
M3_KILL3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv17 View Post
dang its gonna be one of those again. ppl meet up for one thing and all of a sudden everyone else shows up to help out or some other project happens like last time.
but yeah, if garik goes ill want to come up and learn and help out for whenever i do mine. just for the knowledge. maybe Lazoh could show me how to take out my ECU for when i want to get it tunned.
ya if its ok with u jess ill come down! sh!t thanks bro!! marv lazy ass harold didnt take out the ecu i had to do it this is his words "i dont do that sh1t im too good you take it out then i do the hard part" loll and im installing the HU today ill tell u if its any good hugo!! hey buy them hugo its bad ass!!

http://item.express.ebay.com/Compute...mdZExpressItem

i got one
Old 09-14-2007, 09:34 PM   #79
lazoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_KILL3R View Post
ya if its ok with u jess ill come down! sh!t thanks bro!! marv lazy ass harold didnt take out the ecu i had to do it this is his words "i dont do that sh1t im too good you take it out then i do the hard part" loll and im installing the HU today ill tell u if its any good hugo!! hey buy them hugo its bad ass!!

http://item.express.ebay.com/Compute...mdZExpressItem

i got one
I can take it out, however for your car I did not want to do it because I was not sure if I was going to be able to ground myself FREAK!!!!!

1984 BMW 323i E30 BAUR (Euro)
1989 BMW 325i E30
1998 318ti E36

Join us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/318tiorg/127481623988696
lazoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 11:43 PM   #80
Marv17

Default Grounding...

Quote:
I can take it out, however for your car I did not want to do it because I was not sure if I was going to be able to ground myself FREAK!!!!!
LOL. dang. garik is always gonna get it for that. But yeah i'd need to take the whole thing out for a ECU tunning. just want to know how to so i can do it on my own when im ready.
Marv17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:55 AM   #81
HuGo

Yea garik let me know. I want to know if i should keep or return it.

Can anyone hook me up with a Flash drive anywhere from 4-8gb for cheap!!??

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:10 AM   #82
lazoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuGo View Post
Yea garik let me know. I want to know if i should keep or return it.

Can anyone hook me up with a Flash drive anywhere from 4-8gb for cheap!!??
Stop worring sbout the radio and lets get it intalled, in any case the radio you have in the TI now it skips and a new radio will not skip. flash drives are cheap at frys, I picked up a 4 gig for about $40.00

1989 BMW 325i E30
1998 318ti E36

Old 09-15-2007, 02:15 AM   #83
lazoh

Quote:
Stop worring sbout the radio and lets get it intalled, in any case the radio you have in the TI now it skips and a new radio will not skip. flash drives are cheap at frys, I picked up a 4 gig for about $40.00
I just check on PC Club.com and they have a 4 gig SD card for 29.99, don't forget that the radio also takes SD cards. There is a PC club in Monrovia just check their webpage and you can buy it online and pick it up at the store.

1989 BMW 325i E30
1998 318ti E36

Old 09-15-2007, 03:21 AM   #84
HuGo

Quote:
I just check on PC Club.com and they have a 4 gig SD card for 29.99, don't forget that the radio also takes SD cards. There is a PC club in Monrovia just check their webpage and you can buy it online and pick it up at the store.
I dont think my computer has an SD inserter.

40.00 bucks is a lot. But then again, its almost the same like buying an external hard drive which is more expensive.

Im trying to NOT spend so much money right now. I gotta pay off the 325 by december.

Im also getting my Ti detailed next week.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 09-15-2007, 10:52 PM   #85
M3_KILL3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuGo View Post
I dont think my computer has an SD inserter.

40.00 bucks is a lot. But then again, its almost the same like buying an external hard drive which is more expensive.

Im trying to NOT spend so much money right now. I gotta pay off the 325 by december.

Im also getting my Ti detailed next week.
what do u need 4 gbs for?!? loll your gonna get sick of the same songs and never go through the damn thing to get to the song you wont. Well i installed it today and i gotta say i LOVE IT! the sound is MUCHHHH better at 30-it goes up to 47- the sound you can hear from far away. get it in hugo its bad assss!! hey jess can we come next sunday??? ill drive hugo down there if he wants to roll with me
Old 09-16-2007, 12:01 AM   #86
HuGo

Quote:
what do u need 4 gbs for?!? loll your gonna get sick of the same songs and never go through the damn thing to get to the song you wont. Well i installed it today and i gotta say i LOVE IT! the sound is MUCHHHH better at 30-it goes up to 47- the sound you can hear from far away. get it in hugo its bad assss!! hey jess can we come next sunday??? ill drive hugo down there if he wants to roll with me
Yea i mostly have sundays off. Ill go.

Well dude, im going to seperate my songs through folders. Im not going to have all my songs in one folder then go 1 by 1 searching for music i want to hear that day. Thats how i have it on my comp. I have it foldered out big time.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 09-16-2007, 12:06 AM   #87
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljess76 View Post
Your car is gonna look sharp and it'll handle much better...but still wont be able to out handle HuGo.
Yea that last part is true...

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 09-16-2007, 12:23 AM   #88
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Quote:
hey jess can we come next sunday??? ill drive hugo down there if he wants to roll with me
Yeah, I'm 99% sure next Sunday will be GTG. I have to wait for my neighbor to get back from Minesota, so I could borrow the tool. Hopefully Gino will come up too, Ive been waiting for that lip since July!!! I might be going down to Northridge tomorrow if my dad let's me borrow his truck. I have to pick up an alternator. My car is dead right now with a big empty space where the wireing harness, airbox and alternator used to be Did you ever get a new alternator, if so, where'd ya get it? Did you get new shocks and struts too? Installation is gonna be a piece of cake and your car is giong to look and handle much better than HuGo's Anyway, yeah next Sunday sounds good. We should finish early and maybe we'll have some time to kill.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:38 AM   #89
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljess76 View Post
Yeah, I'm 99% sure next Sunday will be GTG. I have to wait for my neighbor to get back from Minesota, so I could borrow the tool. Hopefully Gino will come up too, Ive been waiting for that lip since July!!! I might be going down to Northridge tomorrow if my dad let's me borrow his truck. I have to pick up an alternator. My car is dead right now with a big empty space where the wireing harness, airbox and alternator used to be Did you ever get a new alternator, if so, where'd ya get it? Did you get new shocks and struts too? Installation is gonna be a piece of cake and your car is giong to look and handle much better than HuGo's Anyway, yeah next Sunday sounds good. We should finish early and maybe we'll have some time to kill.
....uumm yea so why the deletion of this same post and now reposting it again??? LMAO.

Well Garik isnt also 99% sure either i can tell you that right now. Right now he says yes. Saturday night he might say no. Hes been flaking a lot lately.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 09-16-2007, 01:15 AM   #90
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

I deleted it and before I could repost, my computer froze up. Lol, it only happens on this site and when I play yahoo pool. Yeah, I know Garik is a flake, I was going to invite him up and then take off before he got here J/K I'm pretty bummed about my car. I accidently parked it facing uphill the other day and I couldn't push start it, so I missed my class. I also curbed the front wheel, when I was rolling backwards I asked my dad to bring home a multimeter so I could read the voltage of my charging system and he brought home some piece of crap analog meter that didn't display the range needed for automotive troubleshooting. So I bought a digital one and found out that the alternator is only producing 11.72 volts. But it bench tested at 13.5 the day that I got it from you. My old alternator bench tested at 13.8 volts, but it was only producing 12 volts in the car. My new battery is dead for the second time in just a couple of months. I don't know whats wrong with the damn thing, I'm just gonna replace the alternator again and see if it fixes things. I'm thinking that the brushes are worn on both alternators and they fail under load. So I call this dude in Northridge today and he says that he'll give me 20 bucks for each of my alternators and sell me a rebuilt one for 90 bucks, so 50 bucks for a rebuilt alternator with a 1 year warranty isn't so bad, but he said that he was leaving in an hour and might not work tomorrow. Monday I have class all day, so it's looking like Tuesday I'll have my car running again. My mom bought me a radiator for my Birthday, it should be here soon, but I still want to change the t-stat and WP. I'm thinking about posting the damn thing on craigslist for like 9 grand and seeing if anyone bites.