318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Exhausts

Notices

Exhausts Aftermarket exhaust discussions.

» Recent Threads
FS: Racing Dynamics RGR...
Today 03:29 AM
Last post by 7Senna8
Today 03:29 AM
0 Replies, 207 Views
My 318ti build
05-21-2024 04:48 PM
Last post by Jclare318ti
05-21-2024 04:48 PM
0 Replies, 754 Views
Closed Thread Share/Bookmark

Old 02-10-2007, 05:17 PM   #76
Philly

man oh man, what a guy Scott is.. thats amazing for you DASCer guys.

Fariz, you should almost start another thread letting people know who arn't looking in here that Scott is doing this.. we may be able to get another 5-6 guys easily.. and a smaller price

if your talking to scott, you can mention to him that my info IS coming.. paycheck comes in 5 days!!

328Ti

Old 02-10-2007, 05:18 PM   #77
Philly

and also, this is the first batch of 2-piece systems right?

328Ti

Old 02-11-2007, 12:29 AM   #78
ChItalian1027

Vehicles

i can't get an exhaust right know maybe in summer time might just have to get it from understeer dang!

WTB: HELLROT RED CLUB SPORT

95 ti sold but staying in the family.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:31 AM   #79
kelso

damn thats cool as hell thats hes doing a custom setup for the DASC guys
does anybody know how much, if any, this exhaust system will give on a dyno? i dont expect it to provide big gains at all just wondering if it does. i tried to call scott yesterday and today but it was too late i think so ill try monday
Old 02-11-2007, 03:54 AM   #80
weezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwd_king View Post
man oh man, what a guy Scott is.. thats amazing for you DASCer guys.

Fariz, you should almost start another thread letting people know who arn't looking in here that Scott is doing this.. we may be able to get another 5-6 guys easily.. and a smaller price

if your talking to scott, you can mention to him that my info IS coming.. paycheck comes in 5 days!!
No worries......he's taking it as the info comes in.

1997 318ti, Hellrot (Bright Red), Dinan Stage 2 Chip
16x7 OEM sport Wheels/X-Brace/Custom Strut Brace/Cold Air Intake/M-Tec Steering Wheel/Koni Adjustable FrontShocks/ Bilstein Sport Rear Shocks /H&R Sport Springs/Custom fabricated strut tower brace/Rear Strut brace, Stromung Exhaust
Future Mods: E46 17" wheels or Kosei K-1 17x8.5s
Old 02-11-2007, 03:58 AM   #81
weezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwd_king View Post
and also, this is the first batch of 2-piece systems right?
The 2 exhausts in stock will go out first. Unfortunately to whoever gave the information first.

16x7 OEM sport Wheels/X-Brace/Custom Strut Brace/Cold Air Intake/M-Tec Steering Wheel/Koni Adjustable FrontShocks/ Bilstein Sport Rear Shocks /H&R Sport Springs/Custom fabricated strut tower brace/Rear Strut brace, Stromung Exhaust
Old 02-11-2007, 07:30 AM   #82
HuGo

well i still want to know what major difference my exhaust and this one will do? So hes customizing ehh, is it guaranteeing 10 extra horses since its a FI car? How far back do this exhaust go, does it start from the headers? Like i said, i really want to see an undercar pic. Hey im getting like over 2gs off free money so maybe ill go for it.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:36 AM   #83
HuGo

oh and also, is this something i can put on myself? I dont really understand how this is a custom job being that we all still have the same looking car from underneath? I forgot but, its 3 inch tubing right? One or two way pipe? Thanks.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:34 PM   #84
weezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996Bmw318TI View Post
oh and also, is this something i can put on myself? I dont really understand how this is a custom job being that we all still have the same looking car from underneath? I forgot but, its 3 inch tubing right? One or two way pipe? Thanks.
Why don't you just call the number and ask Scot himself.
Just so you know, bigger diameter exhaust, doesn't necessarily mean better. The engine needs back pressure, so a 5" piping exhaust (like you said) will give you less low to mid-range torque as well as power.
And yes, it is an exhaust that can be installed as a DIY job.

Old 02-11-2007, 07:51 PM   #85
marko

Thumbs up

yeah, that would be me.. I spoke to him on friday and pretty much by accident it came out that me car has the DASC. Scott is actually a very cool cat.. he offered (for add. 60 bucks) to custom build an exhaust for my car, being that soon I'll have the stage 2 software & larger injectors. Therefore, the tubing for my car will be slightly larger than for NA cars. All in all I think its WELL worth 60 bucks! Also, he said that despite the fact he offers 2 piece exhaust (flange in the maiddle) to save on shipping (smaller box), he does however recomend the system stay a 1 piece (only about 15 extra bucks for shipping) - I'll prob go with that as well. Finally, he WILL INDEED try & do a TIP-less exhaust for me as I HATE the boy racer look! So, I'm totally satisfied... the thing is gonna be awesome & dealing with Scott is a pleasure... Thanks Weezer! good deal, man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezer View Post
Scot called late Friday and mentioned that people have started calling......great!!........
He also mentioned that one of those callers have a DASC and he is actually going to fabricate a custom exhaust specially for him.
SO........for those of you out there with DASCs in their cars who do not have an upgraded exhaust......now is the time for a great deal on a "CUSTOM" made exhaust for a great price. When calling with your CC info, Scot will ask you what mods have been done to the car, apparently he will make one based on that info.
HUGO, DASCers........ now's the time. Remember, the GB is still open until the 28th.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:55 PM   #86
ChItalian1027

Vehicles

hey weezer how many offers do you have so far??

WTB: HELLROT RED CLUB SPORT

95 ti sold but staying in the family.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:31 PM   #87
marko

well, seems like my name was first on the list... but as I'm getting the 'custom' job, I'll probably have to wait a bit... no prob. still a 'win/win' for me.. anyway, Weezer, you should take my spot, for pulling the whole thing through...

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezer View Post
The 2 exhausts in stock will go out first. Unfortunately to whoever gave the information first.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:20 AM   #88
Frank02

I also talked to Scott on Friday. I am going with his recomendation and pay the extra shipping for a one piece system.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:01 AM   #89
HuGo

so its 75 dollars more for someone with the dasc? ok now i dont know if i want to spend 500 dollars.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 02-12-2007, 01:10 AM   #90
kelso

no its 60 bucks if you want the bigger tubing which you odnt have to get if you dont want, your car will still run great with the 3 inch piping. the other 15 bucks is if you want it sent as a one piece system instead of 2. completely optional
Closed Thread