318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Track, Auto-X & Drag Racing

Notices

Track, Auto-X & Drag Racing Discuss "organized" racing, car set-ups, driving techniques, track tips, events, driving schools, maintenance and more.

» Recent Threads
1995 318i M42 removal of...
Today 02:07 AM
Last post by BertrandP102
Today 02:07 AM
0 Replies, 199 Views
My 318ti build
05-21-2024 04:48 PM
Last post by two30grain
05-28-2024 06:42 PM
1 Replies, 2,086 Views
E30 trailing arms
05-28-2024 04:43 PM
Last post by packratbimmer
05-28-2024 04:43 PM
0 Replies, 314 Views
OMG!OMG!
05-28-2024 08:53 AM
Last post by Kathylaf
05-28-2024 08:53 AM
0 Replies, 509 Views
FS: Racing Dynamics RGR...
05-24-2024 03:29 AM
Last post by 7Senna8
05-24-2024 03:29 AM
0 Replies, 1,349 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 04-29-2005, 09:35 PM   #46
demeegod

Default Raising retarded hand

Will someone define JDM?
ALso, DTM?
EVO?

... now this is a funny story for y'all. My car has huge 19" rims and is heavy as all F#$k. The clutch is starting to slip. Last week I was next to a Cadillac CTS and he just started revving at me. Im thumping my music and thinking "What the hell is that?" ... well he looked at me and the light... so anyhow.... i think... no ones around.. why the hell not?

I take off at 4500k dumped clutch, im ahead of him by about a car. Then Pop clutch and second and still ahead. Then even have a chance to hit third gear when he's right about to catch up ... well.. someone turns in front a side street and right in front of him. He slams the brakes and i just keep flying by. I start laughing my ass off cuz the guy in front of him just kept going and i kept going but he pitched his car sideways and had to get out to check his car.

Anyhow, not bad considering that car has 4 cylinders up on us.

1996 318Ti, M Sport Edition, 19" ACE Alloy Monaco Rims, Adjustable Eibach Sportline Ground Control Coilover suspension, Shaved Door Kit, Xenon 8000k Ellipsoid HID upgrade, Pioneer Premier System, Charcoal Custom Metallic Gray Paintjob!

Future upgrades:
{ }E46 Front Bumper, { }Engine Dressup, { }Supersprint Muffler, { }Rogue Clutchstop, { }Armrest, { }UUC Evo Short Shift kit, { } Paint Touch ups, { } Custom Rear Bumper shave, { } M3 Clutch Replace and Aluminum Flywheel
demeegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 04:14 AM   #47
nick_hegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by demeegod
Will someone define JDM?
ALso, DTM?
EVO?

... now this is a funny story for y'all. My car has huge 19" rims and is heavy as all F#$k. The clutch is starting to slip. Last week I was next to a Cadillac CTS and he just started revving at me. Im thumping my music and thinking "What the hell is that?" ... well he looked at me and the light... so anyhow.... i think... no ones around.. why the hell not?

I take off at 4500k dumped clutch, im ahead of him by about a car. Then Pop clutch and second and still ahead. Then even have a chance to hit third gear when he's right about to catch up ... well.. someone turns in front a side street and right in front of him. He slams the brakes and i just keep flying by. I start laughing my ass off cuz the guy in front of him just kept going and i kept going but he pitched his car sideways and had to get out to check his car.

Anyhow, not bad considering that car has 4 cylinders up on us.
DTM---I forget cuz I'm drunk right now, but JDM=Japanese Domestic Market and I believe EVO is just short for Evolution. And your car sounds just like mine except for 18's not 19's. My clutch is dying now too!!!!
'96 Alaska Blue ti w/ Supersprint cat-back exhaust...Dinan CAI & Chip...Eibach Pro-Kit Springs...Bilstein Sport shocks...BavAuto camber kit...Brembo d/s rotors...UUC SSK...Centerforce Dual Friction clutch...TMS 9lb flywheel...18 inch OZ Rims...Carbon-Fiber dash/gauge bezel...Momo Shift Knob...Indiglo gauges...Schroth Harness...ZKW's/ProLumen 6k HID...Predator Chromiums
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...urowerksig.jpg
nick_hegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 02:35 AM   #48
bimmerboi318

3.73's you could have taken him. I'm alot closer to keeping up with my friend's maxima now with the 3.73's (love the maxima). And the SRT-4's are crazy. I'm lucky enough to work at a dodge dealer as a tech and was even luckier to be able to take it for a test drive as long as I wanted. I was very impressed and it had to be the fastest car I've driven. Aside from the power, it felt very stable at 135mph when I wisely decided to back off. Yeah its still a dodge and still feels like a neon inside. Altough I love the seats.
others...
bimmerboi318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 04:17 AM   #49
m44ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerboi318
3.73's you could have taken him. I'm alot closer to keeping up with my friend's maxima now with the 3.73's (love the maxima). And the SRT-4's are crazy. I'm lucky enough to work at a dodge dealer as a tech and was even luckier to be able to take it for a test drive as long as I wanted. I was very impressed and it had to be the fastest car I've driven. Aside from the power, it felt very stable at 135mph when I wisely decided to back off. Yeah its still a dodge and still feels like a neon inside. Altough I love the seats.
sweet my best bud has a maxima, he just did a 5spd swap and is about to throw a vortech on, I love max's too
Mods: clear turn signals, Silverstar headlight bulbs, k&N custom CAI, removed A/C, lightened crank pulley, painted brakes, custom clutch stop, custom strut bar, x-brace, custom solid tranny mounts, Memphis sound system, Sachs sport clutch, B&M short shifter, lightened flywheel, redline MTL ....

Emberrassing honda owners one drive at a time

http://members.cardomain.com/mghockey
m44ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 07:39 PM   #50
m44ic

oh man the scene up here is getting out of control, ok so last saturday night me and my buddy were out cruisin around and stopped at taco bell cause there was a bunch of people there. So we are talkin to people and a guy said that they were leaving to go race at a spot they have, so we all go there in one big line attracting all kinds of attention, how no one got arrested that night I have no clue. anyways we get out there and its packed, there was like 30 people there. it was mostly civics including the Si that I spanked who refused to race for real, also a mustang GT, my buds maxima,porsche 944 S and this Evo 8 with everything and T4 turbo upgrade, it was crazy. So there is racing going on and stuff, and so I decided to go and it was me, my bud in the maxima and this 88 Porsche 944 S all on the line and the maxima beat the Porsche by a car length and I stayed right on the Porsches bumper. I was so suprized that I kept up, it was sweet, but my car was also stripped for sound install, oops did I say that out loud But right as the last people were leaving a cop was driving by, what close call.
Mods: clear turn signals, Silverstar headlight bulbs, k&N custom CAI, removed A/C, lightened crank pulley, painted brakes, custom clutch stop, custom strut bar, x-brace, custom solid tranny mounts, Memphis sound system, Sachs sport clutch, B&M short shifter, lightened flywheel, redline MTL ....

Old 06-07-2005, 04:37 PM   #51
Woofy318i

I think the new Civic Si looks like a meatloaf.

upcoming modifications:
Supersprint Exhaust, CAT delete, Cosmo Racing CAI,DINAN chip, M3 rims
Woofy318i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 05:42 PM   #52
L84THSKY

I was at a state park on Long Island 2 weekends ago with my son. We were riding our bicycles around and spotted something. In one of the large parking fields was an SRT-4 club gathering. There were over 50 of those cars all lined up. Each color group was kept together. I guess those guys take their cars pretty serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerboi318

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
L84THSKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 06:43 PM   #53
mickd

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84THSKY
I was at a state park on Long Island 2 weekends ago with my son. We were riding our bicycles around and spotted something. In one of the large parking fields was an SRT-4 club gathering. There were over 50 of those cars all lined up. Each color group was kept together. I guess those guys take their cars pretty serious.
One of the guards at my work has an SRT-4. Yeah, some of these guys are serious alright. He just installed a larger turbo and is in the process of installing a controllable fuel management system along with new fuel pump, fuel regulator, and larger injectors. He said it will make 300+ HP easy at lower boost levels. I asked him about increased turbo lag with the bigger turbo and he said it won't matter, when the boost comes on, it will make up for any lag. I'm not a big fan of these cars but at least the guy is serious. Said he would give me a ride in it when it's done, would be fun. But I will never stray from BMW.
mickd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 06:45 PM   #54
nick_hegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickd
One of the guards at my work has an SRT-4. Yeah, some of these guys are serious alright. He just installed a larger turbo and is in the process of installing a controllable fuel management system along with new fuel pump, fuel regulator, and larger injectors. He said it will make 300+ HP easy at lower boost levels. I asked him about increased turbo lag with the bigger turbo and he said it won't matter, when the boost comes on, it will make up for any lag. I'm not a big fan of these cars but at least the guy is serious. Said he would give me a ride in it when it's done, would be fun. But I will never stray from BMW.
They are quick, but it's still a Neon! About all I would want is a ride in it too! Then get out and smile as I walk back to my car!
'96 Alaska Blue ti w/ Supersprint cat-back exhaust...Dinan CAI & Chip...Eibach Pro-Kit Springs...Bilstein Sport shocks...BavAuto camber kit...Brembo d/s rotors...UUC SSK...Centerforce Dual Friction clutch...TMS 9lb flywheel...18 inch OZ Rims...Carbon-Fiber dash/gauge bezel...Momo Shift Knob...Indiglo gauges...Schroth Harness...ZKW's/ProLumen 6k HID...Predator Chromiums
Old 06-07-2005, 07:27 PM   #55
mickd

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_hegel
They are quick, but it's still a Neon! About all I would want is a ride in it too! Then get out and smile as I walk back to my car!
I was really surprised to hear that the motor in the neon is the same Chrysler 2.2 that replaced the VW 1.7 in the Omni/Horizon in the early 80's. I wonder what they did to the motor to handle the power, and how reliable it would be in the long run. Reviews I have read say the SRT-4 is not very refined, and I would think our ti's would probably outhandle them on a road course.
mickd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 08:29 PM   #56
nick_hegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickd
Reviews I have read say the SRT-4 is not very refined, and I would think our ti's would probably outhandle them on a road course.
I agree! The suspension on those make it look like it has a lift kit sometimes. TI's may be under powered, but they can always handle really well!
Old 06-07-2005, 09:54 PM   #57
m44ic

this Si that Raced is now slammed to the ground and has rediculous wheel hop, the guy who owns it talks massive amounts of **** but refuses to race, so I will install my B&M and take a few things out of the car and give him a taste of german engineering

Old 06-07-2005, 09:57 PM   #58
nick_hegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by m44ic
the guy who owns it talks massive amounts of **** but refuses to race
Gotta love that!! Kick his ass, seabass !!!
Old 07-20-2005, 07:40 AM   #59
bense

Quote:
Originally Posted by m44ic
I was wondering how I beat him, so I did a little research to find out why. I think its because honda's engines make very little torque for their size and that the i-VTEC in the b20 doesnt kick in untill 5,500 rpm, so he was only in VTEC for about a half of a second which was why he got his @ss handed to him.
the motor is not a b20, a b20 is found in honda's CRV.
the motor is a k20a3, and it is in fact 160hp. VTEC doesn't kick in at 5500 on this motor either, hell the redline is fairly low 6500 i believe. On the contrary 1999-2000 civic si, which are b16a2 equipped VTEC engages at 5500rpm, however, it redlines at 8000 from the factory. Just because a car doesn't make torque (power below 5252rpm) doesn't mean that it isn't fast. Honda's engineers have matched gearing with their high-revving torqueless wonder.

Congratulations you may have gotten a slow ep3 (chassis code for 01+ civic si) but there are 1000s of civics around that will hand you your ass. My old setup made over 300 hp on 7lbs of boost for example. and that's from a 1.8 liter.
bense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 08:39 AM   #60
AlaskaBlue

On a side note about honda engineering. I raced my friends Integra Type R.

The race went like this.

3. 2. The Integra Type R takes off. (No waiting around for that 1. and Go stuff for him) I was thinking great I the race just started and he already has a car length I am screwed. I get myself together launch and catch back up with him because his motor has to rev so much to get power. On the first to second shift I am dead even. In second gear I pull about half a car. Second to Third I start to pull some more. Then the integra driver misses a shift and goes to fifth instead of third. I shut down with about a 3/4 of a car length lead when he missed the shift.

The Integra Type R is not finished, however, in an atempt to regain some pride he decides to fly by on the right after I had shut down. I let him by I had already won.