My 318ti build
05-21-2024 04:48 PM
Last post by Jclare318ti
05-21-2024 04:48 PM
0 Replies, 1,137 Views
Closed Thread Share/Bookmark

Old 10-10-2008, 10:29 PM   #31
RidingSimple

Can you PM me your address, it will save you from thw dumb p.pal fees. I'll send a usps money order. I hate paypal with a passion so I don't use them. A check will make it in 3 days to you.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:53 PM   #32
mohaughn

If you send cash through paypal there is no fee.

Moose- make sure the money order clears first. In case you didn't know there are a lot of fraudulent purchases being made with money orders. Basically they fake the money order hoping that you send the product before you find out that the money order is bad. Not saying that is definitely the case here, but make sure you cash that money order first.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:14 PM   #33
RidingSimple

^It's a USPS postal money order. 0.00000% chance of being fake. There is ALWAYS a fee with paypal, if I send cash from checking to him, he will incur a 3% fee. I had paypal for 7 years and have been successfully selling on ebay for 8 years. The people that get scammed on money orders are dim, as only top bank money orders should be accepted as real. Not to mention just take it to your bank for verification prior to depositing. Not sure where this "if you don't use paypal, you cannot be trusted" thing came into play, I don't like it, it's not fair, and all it does is support an already fee hungry, money grubbing monopoly.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:32 AM   #34
mohaughn

I just bought over 1,000$ worth of racing equipment from a member on BfC. I payed him cash and he didn't pay a single cent of fees. If you pay cash, and have the money transferred to a bank account there is no fee for personal accounts. Business accounts may be a different story, but I would guess that most people on here are using personal accounts.

There is a 4.9%+ 0.30 fee for credit card payments on personal accounts. Again, if you transfer the money to a US bank account, no fees to withdrawal the money.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...y-fees-outside

People fake USPS money orders all of the time. If they didn't there wouldn't be scam sites dedicated to teaching people how to tell what is a real money order, and what isn't- http://www.fraudguides.com/internet_...ney_orders.asp. And as I said, it was just a warning to be careful about money orders, I never said you were a scammer.

Quote:
The United States Postal Service can not estimate the dollar value of the counterfeit postal money orders it has intercepted. But other sources estimate that the amount runs into the millions of dollars.
I had to go back and check, but my father was recently selling a very nice and expensive set of rims. He received what appeared to be a valid Western Union money order. He deposited it, the bank accepted it. Then two days later they called him up and told him the money order was denied because it was a fake. Luckily, he listened to me and waited for the money order to clear the bank before sending the items.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:32 AM   #35
Moose

Uhh the only fee is paid by me...and I'm willing to eat that. If you use paypal I can promise you the parts by midweek..much better than waiting for a money order, cashing it and then shipping. Let me know. My paypal is >

barne2surf@hotmail.com

If you choose to send the payment by Paypal just let me know so I can check to see if it made it. The parts are boxed and ready to go first thing Monday
Old 10-11-2008, 04:00 AM   #36
RidingSimple

^ Learn to read. I do not have, nor do I use Paypal.
I'll pass.

Not sure I'm understanding how waiting 3 days when you haven't sold these in 3 months is an issue. A bit ironic if you will.
Old 10-11-2008, 05:41 AM   #37
Moose

Oh didn't see the part about no PP'.

Oh well bump to the top
Old 10-13-2008, 05:10 PM   #38
ti_hokie

I'll take them! $50.00 then?
Old 10-13-2008, 06:13 PM   #39
Moose

^OK. 60 total with shipping. Just PM'd you
Old 10-13-2008, 06:21 PM   #40
campaiar

I'll be a backup, just in case. I need to do this job as well..
M3 S52 3.2 I-6 Engine, M3 Clutch w/ ti Getrag Trans, Z3 3.15 LSD medium case diff and half shafts, OEM Hatch Spoiler, Eurosport HP Underdrive Pulleys, FDM, 17" DS1 rims, M3 Front Struts & Springs, M3 Instrument Cluster, 3-spoke //M steering wheel with tri-color stitching, SSK, CCFL Angels in Depo projectors with 5k HIDs
Closed Thread