318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Induction

Notices

Induction Superchargers, NO2 and turbos.

» Recent Threads
1995 318i M42 removal of...
Yesterday 02:07 AM
Last post by BertrandP102
Yesterday 02:07 AM
0 Replies, 272 Views
My 318ti build
05-21-2024 04:48 PM
Last post by two30grain
05-28-2024 06:42 PM
1 Replies, 2,151 Views
E30 trailing arms
05-28-2024 04:43 PM
Last post by packratbimmer
05-28-2024 04:43 PM
0 Replies, 344 Views
OMG!OMG!
05-28-2024 08:53 AM
Last post by Kathylaf
05-28-2024 08:53 AM
0 Replies, 559 Views
FS: Racing Dynamics RGR...
05-24-2024 03:29 AM
Last post by 7Senna8
05-24-2024 03:29 AM
0 Replies, 1,396 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 02-26-2006, 05:20 PM   #226
SDKmann

Do you have any pics of this new manifold?
Old 02-26-2006, 08:59 PM   #227
Midnight Autoworks

Ill take some pictures of the manifolds tonight,
also check out this ebay auction stage 3 kit with everything and a stage 3 clutch

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-3...spagenameZWDVW
Old 02-27-2006, 12:12 AM   #228
mischief

what do you all think about this being the next upgrade to projectclubsport
mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 12:16 AM   #229
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischief
what do you all think about this being the next upgrade to projectclubsport
I wouldn't.

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:45 AM   #230
yadahbliss

Default Midnight Autoworks Stg 3 S/C Installed

Hi all. This kit was installed on my 98 318ti last week. I have been working w/ Joe and Gus in getting the necessary parts, etc. They have been very supportive throughout the install and thus far, my technician and I are very pleased. I have not had the chance to drive the car much, it went straight to the body shop after it started running for a new bumper. When I return to town, I plan to get the car dyno'ed and eventually post numbers. Trying to work out pricing on the dyno with a fellow local shop...

The car drives great and feels very quick. I have experience with the DASC kit as well. It is a very solid kit but utilizes a mechanical boost/fuel regulator that didn't meet my needs. So far, I've been happy with everything. But we all know, numbers will prove it all... with my current setup, I'm optimistic to hit 220hp at the wheels. How sweet would that be? Will probably come in around 200 and tune from there, I still have a minor exhaust leak b/n the headers and midpipe. Will write more when time permits.

Feel free to ping me w/ any questions. I'll respond accordingly and when time allows me to. If you are local, let me know that, I'd be more than happy to show the car off
yadahbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 11:32 PM   #231
SDKmann

Sorry about this but I have to be skeptic. This is your first post so how do we know that you are not one of the guys from MA trying to get us to trust them? Once again Im sorry that I posted this but Im just very skeptic about anything about MA right now.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:34 PM   #232
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDKmann
Sorry about this but I have to be skeptic. This is your first post so how do we know that you are not one of the guys from MA trying to get us to trust them? Once again Im sorry that I posted this but Im just very skeptic about anything about MA right now.
+1 wow, for once, i agree with you

I wanted to put this same exact thing, but i waited for someone else to do so. Steve, can you do a background IP check. Well, this person needs to post pics of a car. Please, dont say you have a white z3.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 04:32 AM   #233
yadahbliss

Default Are u serious?

I guess its appropriate to be cautious of new members. I find it amusing reading the rest of this thread, a number of you seem extremely paranoid. Well, I've been duped with cheap bimmer parts before, so I can understand why this is so.

Don't really know what to say. I noticed one of you is from Iowa, I invite you to come down to KC sometime if you're up for a nice scenic drive... that way, you can return with news that the car does exist. And I'm a real person.

If you want to do a reverse lookup, my IP is 70.12.82.4, it may be useless though, I have one of those new EVDO aircards and will probably show a Sprint business address and phone number. If one of you gurus know a way to really pin point the access tower (it will show Minneapolis - where I am now), let me know if you are able to do this b/c I'm interested how to do it myself. I'll be back in Kansas City this weekend.

What else... will post more pics when I get the chance. Sorry for the clutter in the picture, I had tools everywhere when we were getting the s/c installed. I am a BMW CCA member, don't know if my membership is still valid but I participate in most of the BMWCCA, Porsche, and Audi club events in the area. If you come out to Heartland Park Topeka, MAM, Hallett or Gateway Raceway this summer, you can see the car too.

Don't know about the event in St.L, please tell me more.

Also, for those w/ Angel Eyes installed... they look really good, is it real glass? and can you recommend where the place would be to get a good quality set? I'm getting a m-tech bumper put on and have the euro-clear lights, I think the Angel Eyes would look pretty good too. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thnks!
Old 03-01-2006, 04:42 AM   #234
AlaskaBlue

Welcome to the site. Good to see someone bought the kit and is happy with it.

ZKWs with retrofit angel eyes. Real glass. Very clear. HID upgrade option. http://www.understeer.com I bought the ZKWs less the angel eyes.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:37 AM   #235
HuGo

is this the largest thread on here? im curious, 22 pages i feel bad for the first timers that need to read this thread from the beginning

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 07:55 AM   #236
96cali

Yadahbliss- if that is your real name... who won the world series in 1952? How do we know you're not a communist?

Just kidding man.

To calm anyone's fears I'm sure a KC CCA member can vouch. There was a guy with a tracked Ti, white '95 I think, bought some leather seats from him. Can't remember his name. Sound familiar?

The St.L event is called techfest, don't know much about it but would be good publicity for MA. What made you pick the MASC and how did you hear about them? Who did the install?

96cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 03:03 PM   #237
andyman7931

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996Bmw318TI
is this the largest thread on here? im curious, 22 pages i feel bad for the first timers that need to read this thread from the beginning
it's not the largest yet... http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6247

I set up my prefs so it shows more per page, it's only 6 pages for me. This is nicer unless you're on dialup.
andyman7931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 05:05 AM   #238
SDKmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadahbliss
I guess its appropriate to be cautious of new members. I find it amusing reading the rest of this thread, a number of you seem extremely paranoid. Well, I've been duped with cheap bimmer parts before, so I can understand why this is so.

Don't really know what to say. I noticed one of you is from Iowa, I invite you to come down to KC sometime if you're up for a nice scenic drive... that way, you can return with news that the car does exist. And I'm a real person.

If you want to do a reverse lookup, my IP is 70.12.82.4, it may be useless though, I have one of those new EVDO aircards and will probably show a Sprint business address and phone number. If one of you gurus know a way to really pin point the access tower (it will show Minneapolis - where I am now), let me know if you are able to do this b/c I'm interested how to do it myself. I'll be back in Kansas City this weekend.

What else... will post more pics when I get the chance. Sorry for the clutter in the picture, I had tools everywhere when we were getting the s/c installed. I am a BMW CCA member, don't know if my membership is still valid but I participate in most of the BMWCCA, Porsche, and Audi club events in the area. If you come out to Heartland Park Topeka, MAM, Hallett or Gateway Raceway this summer, you can see the car too.

Don't know about the event in St.L, please tell me more.

Also, for those w/ Angel Eyes installed... they look really good, is it real glass? and can you recommend where the place would be to get a good quality set? I'm getting a m-tech bumper put on and have the euro-clear lights, I think the Angel Eyes would look pretty good too. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thnks!
Like I said, Im sorry for saying it but you have to admit that we have a good reason to be paranoid about MA. Just look at it from our position, Ma comes in with a S/C very similar to one made by a crap company and your very first post was on this thread backing up MA. After what you said in this post Im sure your a real member and not MA. If I get a chance Id love to come down and check out the S/C. Welcome to the site.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:16 AM   #239
yadahbliss

No worries, I think its great that a forum like this exists to help all us ti owners filter thru all the "cr ap" available out there. There's no sense in wasting your money on something that simply doesn't meet your needs.

Keep in mind, I've installed this particular s/c a few weeks ago. I've driven it a whole 5-6 times since. I'm still fixing a minor exhaust leak... I don't even know what boost its running yet. The boost gauge is sitting at the local dyno shop where I plan to head in the very near future. When these things are done, I will have a much better idea of how to rate and describe the overall modification happiness level. Until then, I'll try to take a few pics and post them.

BMWCCA, I'm in the KC or Iowa chapter. I do remember seeing a white ti at the track (MAM) one time but do not remember who the driver is. There's a guy I know out there with a red ti w/ a DASC and he's always running w/ toyo tires. If you do the events much, I'm sure you know who he is.

Competition in the market place is always a good thing. I'll do my best to relay the experiences and value I receive from this new provider (MA) to everyone. Right now, first thoughts are... its on the car... it works... it feels really good... Second thoughts are... how fast is it really? ... how reliable? ... what tuning is necessary? When I figure these things out, I'll let you all know.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:33 AM   #240
Midnight Autoworks

Hey. I see our customers are slowly making their way to the forums.
Thanks alot, your feedback is greatly appreciated by Gus and my-self.
I Can't wait to see your dyno.

Joe