318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Regional Forums > United States > Southeastern - US

Notices

Southeastern - US General discussion and questions in AR, AL, GA, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN

» Recent Threads
1997 318ti under 5000...
10-08-2022 11:52 PM
Last post by kupkake303
06-04-2024 06:01 PM
16 Replies, 34,628 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 10-17-2006, 08:44 PM   #1
kelso

Default BIG BIG MEET november 18th, near tampa

ok floridagerman is going to be hosting a large meet in which all german cars are invited but anybody who wants to go can! id expect this to be a rather large group of bmw's and a few porsches vw's audi's mercedes and minis to fill in the gaps. ill probably be there to represent the ti's, hoping will, kenny, and bmwracerchick will also represent at least, maybe panzer and any others i dont know about will show up!

actual info is here http://www.floridagerman.com/forums/...ead.php?t=1709

game plan is meet at the top floor of the centro ybor parking garage, get some photos taken up there, its a cool place for photos. then walk down to MJ Barleyhoppers for food and drinks if your of age, then hang out at gameworks and finish off the night at Empire nightclub! if you plan to attend please try to check in on floridagerman or atleast let me or one of the other tampa people know so we can add your name to the list! last time this turned out to be about 50 cars, and this one is expected to be much larger!
kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:06 PM   #2
96cali

Keep an eye out for my wagon! sniff, sniff...

96cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 11:24 PM   #3
bmw318tiChic

I'd love to go but I actually already have an autocross planned for that day.. we'll see, maybe I can make it!
bmw318tiChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 12:43 AM   #4
mohaughn

Who's having an autocross on the 18th?

Kelso- Let me know if they ever do a meet over in Orlando or somewhere in Polk county.. Kind of a far drive just to go and hang out in Ybor.. Plus I really hate Empire.. Doing something out at downtown Disney probably wouldn't be a bad idea as it is not a really far drive from Tampa and pretty close to Orlando.
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 01:11 AM   #5
bmw318tiChic

mohaughn, my dad actually has a Corvette and I race through his club- the North Florida Corvette Association (NFCA). I obviously don't do it for competition, but I just love to autoX for fun so I usually go with him and run my car. Anyone is actually welcome, don't have to drive a Vette or even be a member of the club. You can see their upcoming events on their site at www.nfca.net
bmw318tiChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 02:54 AM   #6
kelso

hmmm, well most autocrosses are in the morning, this will be in late afternoon i believe, cant remember what time it starts,

and ive never been to empire before but its the last destination, you can always dip out before that if you want! orlando isnt too far, most of the FG guys make it there in like 1/2 hour on 14!! granted that is at....excessive speeds

but anyways we kind of alternate, meet in tampa and then try to meet in orlando with CFbmw.com as a joint meet thing, so just come show your face, im sure a big group will be driving over from orlando
Old 11-02-2006, 10:16 PM   #7
kelso

bumpity!
actually if you plan on going, floridagerman is requesting a head count so we can inform the restaurant. it looking like a great turnout so far, but not many ti's plan on going it seems! post on floridagerman.com's thread or PM me if your definately going to this thanks!