View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 10:37 PM   #29
anassa

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBum View Post
Good thought with the Z3 non-M 6 cyl rear trailing arms... I had not thought of that. You will however still have to deal with the fenders.

These cars actually need more rear bar than front until you start getting very stiff with the suspension... then you can actually get rid of the rear bar all together (that saves some weight). Look at Dinan sway bar diameters. 27mm front and 22mm rear, stock sport front is 26 rear is 16 if I remember right. There is a reason.
I looked up the rear sway bar specs, I think the rear 16 is the sport and 323ti, z3m has 19, which I think would be perfect. My tires also help balance things are with 205's front and 225 rear.

As for the fenders, I have seen ppl use the e46 front fenders grafted on, but I was just thinking buying some simple flairs and putting them on - not any time soon of course - I'll probably keep to smaller tires/wheels untill I am happy with my suspenstion/brakes misc things and finally add more power then the wider tires and bigger wheels will come into play.

***328ti Build thread. ***

Even more important:
SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE!
Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!
anassa is offline   Reply With Quote