View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 04:28 PM   #14
Tyler
TRETEN IRGENDEINES ESELS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustenT
Supercharger: Can be installed by anyone with 10 fingers and more than 6 brain cells, retain factory weight distribution and handling, still acts like a high-revving 4 cylinder, 30+ mpg, no need to remove engine, no other upgrades needed, BEATS STOCK M3s.

Engine swap: Should be installed by a professional $$$, multiple upgrades needed (suspension, brakes, radiator, etc...), front heavy, rear-end can't handle the power, costs about twice what the supercharger does for about the same amount of power, $$$$ invested in a car that doesn't hold value like other BMWs.

When you say beats stock m3's you must be reffering to a 2.5l engine.

Anyone who wants to put a S/C on there car with high mileage and put all that extra strain on your engine go right ahead. Anyone that wants more than 200 hp on there ti will do a swap. If you swap the engines then you can get alot more hp out of your engine with upgrades,for the m42-44 engine there isn't anything you can add onto it to get hp.. The most you'll get is 5hp, Chips are wortless for these engines. If i get a chip on a 2.8l and up we are talking about 15+ hp gain.

I personally would rather save up the extra cash and do a swap. I can get a 3.2l engine with 35k on it for 7-8k and thats with everything you'll need except for trans mission. Thats what i'm saving for,i figure i'll have it swapped by the spring of next year.
If my car had 20,xxx miles on it maybee i'd S/C it.
clear outs all around,stealth turning signals,blue led interior lights, 35% tinted windows,K&N air filter, 12" Kenwood Sub, MTX Thunder Amp,Alpine cd changer, Leatherz Armrest,ACS Pedals/Handbrake/FloorMats & Vitesse Tuning Carbon Fiber B-Pillars/CF Spark Plug Cover, New 16" MSW Typer 14 Rims on Goodyear Triple Treds

www.myspace.com/avusblueti
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote