View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 02:33 PM   #11
needle332rur

I was right in the middle of this argument a few mounhs ago, i ended up going with a m50 vanos swap. I not saying you need M swaps because all M parts are not too different from standard bmw, but cost alot more!

First is the sound, my car will never sound like a honda again.

Second price, 3400 to get a DASC is not bad but it's not great. i paid 800 for a motor and will have to pay another 800 about for all the misc parts, granted i do my own work thats only roughly 1600 half of a dasc.

Third the power, my car will dyno at the wheels about 165 hp with the swap, dasc does about 175 hp at the wheels. but now i could go NA and put m3 cams a conforti chip and good flowing entake and exhaust and have 200-210 rear wheel hp (if you don't belive me look at some of the dyno charts on bimmerforums,com). and if that does not impress me i could go forced induction and SC it of turbo the m50 to reliable 300-350 hp (with drive tran mods).

Last is BMW made it this way in Europe, The 323ti was a m50 2.5 litter motor. the same weights the same horse power.

you can call me unfathful for going the six cyl route, but bottom line its what bmw is know for (there silky smoth sixes).

There is really somthing cool about having a motor with close to 200 hp that has tons of potential after that, compared to have a motor a few pounds lighter at it's peak at 200 hp.
needle332rur is offline   Reply With Quote