View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 08:50 PM   #6
campaiar

The stock fan and shroud is just way too thick to fit with the 6-cyl in place. Once you get the 6 in, you'll see that there is no room for any else but the stock fan. I believe some M3s came with stock electric fans that sit in front of the radiator, not behind. This would be the best electric fan option, and should hook into your existing electric fan plug.

I tried the famous "fan-delete" mod where you put a lower temp thermostat and Water Wetter in the car and I can tell you that it didn't work for me in Cincinnati. It started to overheated when the car was sitting still everytime. The hotter it was outside, the quicker the gauge climbed. And forget trying to use the a/c without a fan, it just won't work well at all.

Having received the stock 6-cyl fan and fan clutch with my engine swap parts, I installed it onto the water pump and haven't had a problem since. Quite honestly, I think the mod is overrated. I can't really "feel" the fan impacting the 2.5's performance at all.
M3 S52 3.2 I-6 Engine, M3 Clutch w/ ti Getrag Trans, Z3 3.15 LSD medium case diff and half shafts, OEM Hatch Spoiler, Eurosport HP Underdrive Pulleys, FDM, 17" DS1 rims, M3 Front Struts & Springs, M3 Instrument Cluster, 3-spoke //M steering wheel with tri-color stitching, SSK, CCFL Angels in Depo projectors with 5k HIDs
campaiar is offline   Reply With Quote