View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 01:34 AM   #26
Strawman

The M3 shell has been sent to the Big Crusher In The Sky. Shame, really, since it was in pretty good shape. But my wife and I had no interest in an auto M3 sedan with no sunroof. My daughter's 328i now has my 318ti's former healthy M52 in it. That's where the swap ended...

I've had a screwed up neck for too long (rear-ended in our BMW Z3M in August 2014), so I finally had surgery to fuse two cervical vertebra last Tuesday. That means lifting no more than 5 pounds, and no driving or even riding in a car, for 30 days. Needless to say, the S52 swap is on the back burner. The good news is that my new 2-post lift is installed, and I've gathered more parts needed for the swap -- so I'll hit the ground running as soon as my doc clears me. The latest parts include a Turner Motorsports oil pan baffle setup, which I picked up from the welding shop (I have a MIG, but I don't do aluminum) the day before my surgery. I also picked up a tilt steering column from an early E36, new bushings/bearings for it, and a Z3 rack-n-pinion. I also picked up some Hawk HP+ brake pads to augment the M3 front / E34 rear calipers. Swapping in a Z3 shift lever while everything is out, too. Finally, I picked up a pair of Sport Seats so my backside can enjoy the car, too.

Unfortunately, all I can do right now is go into my garage and stare forlornly at all the parts...
Sleeper Calypsorot 1996 318ti tintop. CA-legal swapped S52 from '98 M3, and ZF transmission with lightened flywheel/clutch. Magnaflow 2-into-1 muffler. Six-cylinder Eibach springs in front and 318ti H&R Sport springs in rear. Koni Sport adjustable dampers all around. Racing Dynamics 28mm & 19mm swaybars. M3 front hubs/brakes, E34 rear calipers, braided SS brake lines, Hawk HP-S pads. DS-II wheels. Polyflex purple bushings throughout, and factory lower x-brace. Fan delete mod. Engine mount reinforcements welded-in. 3.25 LSD rear diff from E28 & E30 axles.
Strawman is offline   Reply With Quote