View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 04:22 AM   #9
maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSKM3 View Post
I might be able to offer my 97 ti for this. I am in Orange County (80-ish miles South) and could possibly drive up on a Saturday if it would be a one-day thing. My M44 is completely stock and the only relevant mod is Koni SA shocks w/H&R sport springs.

I have been tempted to go ahead with the Sparco since it seems that it might fit (someone had posted that the battery box interference was tolerable), but would rather have something that definitely fits.

Cheers,
Darren
Darren that would be great as you see above John is willing and ready and I am sure if he can get it worked out it will fit better than the SPARCO and offer a better triangulation and be a better bar. Not sure yet what cost might be, but I am sure of the quality of fit and engineering as I have seen of a few of John's bars and they are pieces of engineering art. Of course if we can get a bunch of owners to make a buy I am sure it will lower the cost a touch.

It was me about the battery for one, it might work with the SPARCO if your lucky and don't mind triming the cover and having a steel bar that is a dead ground with in a very short distance of the positive terminal on the battery!!! I test fitted the SPARCO for Bimmerworld and we talked it over and that is why they recommend as I do if you use that bar the battery must be moved, just to risky in a shunt. Also, as the bar is a single tube and has a considerable offset it is not all that stiff. When I test fit I had eo fit over the longish studs of my Ground Control strut mounts and I fit one end over the bolts and was able to use just a bit of muscle to force the other end on and I had to bow the bar about a 1/4-3[8" so it does not seem alll that rigid.

Keep me posted and work with John if you can and I think we might have a nice result for a decent price.

Dave
maverick is offline   Reply With Quote