View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 12:18 AM   #6
maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaughn View Post

edit- Hmmm, just noticed that Vorshlag has fitment listed for the e36 318ti. "into North America including the E36 M3, 325, 318 and 318ti "

I also noticed that you said he has done a 318i specific strut brace. They must not have had this one done when I was shopping for this last year. If he has one that fits an e36 318i it will also fit a 318ti. I would still call Terry at Vorshlag as they have done extensive fitment testing with the mason bars, and work with a lot of e36 cars.
I spoke with Vorshlag as I saw the same info and thought they had sorted out what fits what and I need a set of their top mounts anyway and figured I would order them together. Well there is some doubt that end as they are selling the 6-cyl brace and saying it will fit the 318ti and I know that is likely not correct and that the chances are they tried it on a 6-cyl conversion ti or maybe it might clear with the Downing Atlanta Supercharger mounted as it eliminates the high intake issue...knew I needed one of those for some reason LOL!!! They said they know that had one fit a ti, but could not remember which engine/intake was in it at the time. They do not sell on a regular basis the 318i bar and I have spoken with John Mason at length and he is unsure as the battery might be in the way on the ti as in the sedan/coupes it is mounted in the trunk, not the firewall.

Still looking for a car to test fit it on and John has been trying to work out something as well, he seems eager if we can just get the details ironed out.

Dave
maverick is offline   Reply With Quote