View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 12:02 PM   #42
AFDanHef

Hey J!m, I'm new to the group and the 318ti. I've got a 97' ti with a blown M44 that I bought for a budget track car. I've been researching like crazy ever since I bought it to decide what kind of swap I want to do. I like the m52 aluminum block to keep weight down as much as possible so I want to do a 3L stroked m52tub28. From what I've read the m52b28 from the Z3 seems to be a fairly straightforward swap and I would like to generally keep it as simple as possible. Unfortunately the Z3 m52b28's are getting hard to find and pricey but the newer m52tub28's were used in several other cars and are easy and cheap to find. Plus it has dual vanos, which I would think is better and the revised intake manifold, which I'm not sure is better than the M50 or not?? I read your post that the m54b30 swap is more a pain in the ass than it's worth and I'm wondering if the m52tub28 is the same?? Will your swap manual include how to swap in the m52TU? Or should I give up on the TU and start beating the bushes for a Z3 m52b28?

Either way, I definitely want a copy so put me on the list.
AFDanHef is offline   Reply With Quote