Thread: INSURANCE
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 12:40 AM   #15
toti4

Quote:
"If Amica was such a damn good insurance company, why are you negotiating with Geico? Shouldn't your insurance company be doing that for you?"
This shows either that you are either ignorant or not reading what has already been written. It's the second time you have asked for a repeat of information already given. After this post I will ignore you.

I only have liability, med pay and uninsured moterest. I don't carry collision or comprehensive. Therefore I have to handle it myself, because its not a liability matter. The other party is at fault. Just so you know. In cases like this, one has to handle negotiations oneself, but I have no deductible either.
Quote:
I'm 30. I'm a Navy Veteran of 10 years.
That explains it. You have been conditioned to follow orders and not ask questions. I still have about 20 years on you and it does matter. If you don't think so, wait 20 years for a guy, 20 years your junior to come along and claim he knows anything about anything, particulary insurance indurstry developments over the past 25 years. Before you were born, I was paying premiums, before it was required by law.

Anyhow you can cry spam or believe what ever you want. I'm just a guy who's pissed about whats happening to this country and what insurance companies, including Amica are doing through lobbists. Yet there is a distinction to be made. There are ethical companies and there are those who are not.

I never said I expected to get back what I spent in premiums. I'm just opposed to those companies who refuse payment in the event you have significant damages. They can't expect not to pay those premeiums back and more if required. They are supposed to invest your money and "make a buck" that way; not by cheating honest claiments through bad faith claims handeling.

This is my advice, but it's only for you. You can take it or leave it. Stick with Allstate.

P.S. USAA is rated well on the Texas rating [see prior post]. I don't have all the listings memorized. It's very strange (or maybe it's not) that it would be listed on a good list in Texas (number 5 spot) and number 22 on "bad" national ranking. I mentioned USAA because I had just read that Texas page. Maybe I'll email both FBIC and the Texas law firm and inquire as to why. It's probably not so unusaual that the rankings differ between a state and national ranking. These are statistics after all and things can look different depending upon what frame they are in. Besides in the national ranking 22 is starting to aproach the grey land. The real differances are at the top of the national ranking lists. I've had experience with both types of companies.
toti4 is offline   Reply With Quote