View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 06:03 AM   #3
john318isau

Still looking for advice about the DASC fuel pressure regulator.

Today I used a tyre pressure gauge to check fuel pressure. I understand that at idle pressure should be around 43psi and this pressure should be maintained unless boost is present and then it should go up to 70/80psi.

At first I was getting a reading of 80psi (!) at idle. I am not sure how accurate the tyre pressure gauge is, but double seems a lot.

I decided to mess around with the adjustment, having read that you should adjust these so that they just start to vary the pressure. ie - they let the factory FPR maintain 43psi and provide extra fuel pressure when under boost.

With a little adjustment I found the point where it just started influencing the 43psi at idle.

However, when I rev the engine, even using just a tiny little amount of throttle so that it shouldn't boost, it goes straight up to 80psi or more (I saw 100psi at one point, which is the maximum of the gauge). This concerns me a lot.

So I am looking for some advice. Have you adjusted these and was yours the same or different? Should fuel pressure react so quickly and with so little throttle? Do I need a new RRFPR or further adjustment?
john318isau is offline   Reply With Quote