View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 10:23 PM   #11
surfsessn

Hey... Same, nearly exact problem here!! Lightly washed engine, with engine running... drove the car five miles, parked it for an hour, daughter gets in, cranks it up, drives about 10 miles, parks it, returns in a couple of hours and car refused to start!! The car has now sat for a week mostly due to my lack of available time and it's location. I've checked all fuses, but have no way or knowledge to check relays (which I kinda doubt it's a relay anyway)...

OK, the engine is getting spark. I sprayed a blast of starting fluid into intake box and she fires up, runs for a few seconds and then dies. Now, the fuel pump: I could NOT here it come on. I tried listening while having someone else turned over the engine. I then check the connections, one is hot with ignition is on, the other is not, even while engine is turning over. So, there it seems there is NO power getting sent to the fuel pump.

Where to look for what? I hope to god that it's not the ECU... I haven't pulled the battery box yet to take a look. I'm hoping someone might have some other ideas... HELP>> I do NOT want to tow this to my local BMW rip off artist...

Any help will be welcomed...
surfsessn is offline   Reply With Quote