View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 05:53 PM   #173
preppyr6

My pass side regulator failed 2 years ago (replaced all 4 when I bought the car then). The arm immediately started flexing after install (even if I left the adjustment screw loose allowing more leeway). I think I tested it maybe 5 times and the arms split apart. The problem was the window appeared to be binding towards the top and I couldnt figure it out (eyeballing the vertical tracks wasnt productive).

Anyways, just ordered a new regulator and am going to attempt to fix based on this thread. Never had a problem with the window falling out of the track (though havent had much time with the window actually working). The main problem was the stress placed on the regulator where it was meeting resistance (likely from the tracks) to where the regulator gave out. If this doesnt work, my next attempt will be to literally screw the broken arms back together and hope that holds out for a while at least.

I hate regulator arms, and seeming as I had two e46s before getting my 318, its very clear (and painful) where BMW figured out the design shortcomings and revised through the generations.
preppyr6 is offline   Reply With Quote