View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 02:25 AM   #23
BimmerBum

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan I View Post
Its an '03 4.6is. Draw-Tite class IV hitch with OEM wiring from bavarian autosport. Install was kind of a pain as there was facia trimming and widening of holes in the bumper carrier. Other than that, it tows like a champ (18ft wood deck flatbed). 75mph down I-94 and it gets 15mpg. Not the most ideal tow rig, but it serves my needs well. Plenty of power, comfy, and it looks ok. I have total confidence in the truck and its handling and braking capability with the amount of stuff I haul. My buddy tows his E36 m with an '06 4.4i on a similar trailer with about the same results as me. Not sure what the 3.0i could do...
We have a 3.0 sport and I have been looking at ways to tow with it. I am thinking I will need to go with a featherlite trailer to make it work... the 3.0 really struggles with power to start with.

SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE!
Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!

www.BimmerBum.com ALL NEW!
318ti Specific Parts For Sale
www.facebook.com/BimmerBum

BMWCCA #132203
95 318ti Club Sport
98 318ti Active S50 Swap

BimmerBum is offline   Reply With Quote