View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 03:18 AM   #13
chrisbec

Quote:
Originally Posted by individual View Post
Thnx for the reply's think im gonna settle on the M50TU lump with a few extra installs when it is in, i was wondering weather anyone could tell me what i actually need to swap on the conversion and what modifications need to made if any, would be good if someone has got pics and info of their previous attempts at this thnx
Get J!M's swap manual, it is good and it contains all of the information that you are looking for. This will be the most convenient way for you to get all of the information that you need to do the swap. If you don't want to do that just become very familiar with this forum because all of the information that you need is in here somewhere, but you will need to do a lot of searching to piece all together.

I just finished swapping the M42 in my 95ti for an M50tu and I would suggest buying a 93-95 325i/is or M3 to get all of the parts that you need to do the engine swap. It will be cheaper (trust me, I didn't buy a donor car but now that I'm done I wish that I did). The 95 OBD 1 cars are the easiest cars to do an engine swap on since they are literally plug and play.
chrisbec is offline   Reply With Quote