View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 05:00 AM   #6
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenocide View Post
keep in mind every vanos engine you will find has a useless vanos...
Is that so? I wonder why all of the swapped Ti's here in SoCal haven't had any issues with VANOS. I know the rebuild is recommended, but that's usually when they start chattering after about 150k miles. I think the Dr. VANOS kit costs about $250-300 and then you're good for another 150k or more. I could be wrong here, if so this is all new news to me

I hear all this talk about OBDI and non-vanos being better, but personally I would rather have a newer designed, lower mileage engine.

I know the OP has a '95 and is OBDI, so an OBDI engine is his best option. However on a completely off topic note, most tuners will tell you that OBDII cars are much easier to tune and have more tuning options/capability than OBDI cars The only tuning benefit of OBDI cars is the ability for a DIYer to swap a pre-programed chip into the ECU. Personally, I'd rather have my car tuned on a dyno with software that was designed exclusively for my engine and it's current configuration instead of relying on a pre-programed generic chip.
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote