View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 09:46 PM   #15
spidertri

Vehicles

I already took the bushing out and pressed in a new one.

To get it out I pushed out the center of the old one, cut away as much of the rubber as possible then took it to the bridgeport and ground away as much of the metal ring as possible without hitting aluminum. I did this in two places on opposite sides of the ring.

There was enough of a lip on the bushing's metal ring to stick it in a vice and push it together. (It compressed where I ground the metal away.) I then took it to the press and used a small piece of scrap metal to push the ring out.

The new one went in really easily, much easier than the CABs, I just stuck the new bushing in the freezer and it popped right in with barely any pressure from the press.

And yeah, I'm using the 75w-90 RP gear oil. (Edit - I now prefer Mobil 1 or Amsoil 75-90 for open diff, 75-110 for lsd)

Carnage pics...Second one shows the crease where we ground it down and viced it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0082.jpg Views:	705 Size:	45.7 KB ID:	7102   Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0083.jpg Views:	665 Size:	52.4 KB ID:	7103  

98 328ti Morea Grun slicktop
11 128i space gray slicktop
13 JGC WK2 Deep Cherry

Search | RealOEM

Last edited by spidertri; 06-15-2013 at 11:42 AM.
spidertri is offline   Reply With Quote