View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 07:10 PM   #14
Endat

Quote:
Originally Posted by anassa View Post
Exciting!! Some drama!
^ This guy is the problem (Btw didn't read the rest of his dissection of each sentence I said bc now isn't a good time for that, for me)

My anger was multiplied by the death of my father which occured the day before anassa decided to turn my thread into a circus. The rest of you are a decent lot, but I've decided to stay off the forums and not ask feedback from possible antagonists. Opting instead for quietly doing actual research. Furthermore, since my posts about brake overhauls and headlight cleaning with lots of pictures aren't really much value anyway, I've deleted them all, along with my more trivial posts. Only this one remains, to tell you what's going on with me. Now for the car...

The Car's Fate?
I will go the long-term, and relatively expensive route to upgrade and maintain the original M44 4cyl until it needs rebuilt. It has an iron block and a few improvement options to experiment with as time goes by. My options, in order of progression, can begin whenever I find the motivation:
  • T3/T4 Turbocharger .50AR (with hopes it will spool JUST enough at 5th gear cruising speed)
    • exhaust manifold w/ bottom-mounting for turbo and top mounting for wastegate
    • tial wastegate set at 4.8psi (no thoughts yet on watercooling)
    • Oil cooler lines (inlet tapped from somewhere, outlet probably fed back into the oil pan)
    • turbo inlet piped to original airbox, possibly fogged
    • blow off valve (havent decided which)
    • 27"x5.5"x2.5" black aluminum intercooler
    • Siemens 630cc injectors
    • Fuel pressure regulator (havent decided which)
    • Custom Wastegate tubing to Downpipe and exhaust
    • New exhaust, quiet as possible.
  • Dyno tuning and possibly a custom engine management
  • A 2.93, 3.15 or 3.2 diff (not the 3.2 engine)
  • Handling
    • Style 43 wheels, sticky tires
    • swaybars + bushings
    • maybe the chassis bushings
    • possibly some adjustable bilstein coilovers to replace my current bilstein yellow setup
  • Then once the engine starts to rattle, COMPLETE OVERHAUL BEGINS
  • cams from dbilas (either 256* w/10.7 lift or 264* w/10.2 lift) - whatever works best for a small turbo
  • Stroker diesel crankshaft (modification required, I know)
  • Cylinder bore to 86mm + CP-Carrillo 86mm pistons at 8.5:1 compression
  • Forged H-beam rods (lots of options there)
  • Possibly some cylinder head work
  • Head Gasket - VAC Performance MLS/Multi Layered steel, 86mm bore, 0.60" or above thickness
  • Possibly some intake manifold work
  • More boost springs in the wastegate
  • more dyno tuning
  • And why not? a wet 10 shot of Nitrous connected to the throttle kickdown button that's still there from the automatic
  • more dyno tuning

Long Term?
Once the chassis is beaten to death and can no longer handle its own heart, I can remove the bilstein coilovers along with the engine and wrap it up for later use. Then leave its body to the vultures who will ask to buy the good bits for next to nothing. Once it's nothing more than a shell, I have to quarter it with a sawzall and haul to the scrap yard in pieces for $86 probably.
Endat is offline   Reply With Quote