View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 06:38 PM   #11
Ragnorak

Quote:
Originally Posted by anassa View Post
Nice!

But even though its not a "torque monster" the s52 was enough to damage the z3m's and the s54 has about same torque right? Just take care on those launches. Can't wait to see what it does with the rear reinforced and take it to the drag strip!
Yes, the S54 is essentially just able to rev out a lot higher with a much better head/valvetrain. Our rear pan design isn't the same as the Z3M so the reinforcement really isn't to prevent damage (in my eyes), it's just to keep the diff and subframe from moving and giving me wheel hop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anassa View Post
I almost shed a tear when I saw this quote, so touching to know there are others out there that aren't just BMW purists and don't hate on other work just because its not bmw (partly joking, partly serious). a k20/k24 Frankenstein build was my dream back in the day, never got to it though, changed platforms to s13 now e36. I wouldn't mind going back to honda and finishing that dream on a 3g civic (even now I can only think of one person who did this), When I have the funds and time to spare.
I agree man. I'm definitely a gearhead first and a BMW enthusiast second.

I can't hate on those cleanly-swapped Hondas and, to be honest, BMWs aftermarket can learn a lot from the top-end Honda drag/circuit cars. While there are BMWs in the states that are putting down serious power, you don't see a lot of vendors or modders going really deep into these cars with full tube-chassis, wheelie bars, etc. The Honda boards are also very knowledgeable as long as you can sort through the BS (as in any forum). A K20/24 in a Civic that light would be a ridiculous sleeper, far more so than my car.