View Single Post
Old 04-07-2005, 05:15 AM   #1
dodj

Default Removing plastic in the trunk

Hey, I have a rattle that i have tracked down to the plastic piece of the boot, right near the latch.

It moves up and down slightly, this causes a rattle. I plan on putting some foam or rubber in behind there to either stop it moving, or stop it making rattling noise.

Thanks to someone else posting a pic, which i have modified so you guys can hopefully help me.....

To put the foam in i could just slide a thin piece in, but i think that if i could remove the plastic boot trim then put the foam in it would work better.

Now my question is how do you remove the plastic trim, is it easy? Can anyone help me?? what will i need?

I don't think i need to completely take it off, there are 2 circular pins at each side of the latch. If i could take these off it would give me more room to slide a thicker piece of foam in.

Do these cover bolts or some sort?? I imagine what i am trying to do is very easy, if you know what you are doing!

please help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	trunk-lid-trim.png Views:	487 Size:	9.0 KB ID:	320  
dodj is offline   Reply With Quote