View Single Post
Old 05-09-2006, 07:21 PM   #13
Mendi3

Default It takes time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen
Hi, I found your message from old thread.
I was trying to remove my instrument cluster to replace odometer light bulb last weekend; spent about 3 hours, then gave up.
Instrumet cluster did not come out even turning steering wheel left and right because space between the steering wheel and dash board was too narrow, and right side there is a wiper switch arm, and left side there are turn signal arm and head light switch.
Is it possible for you or someone to explain little more in detail for its removal instruction?
Thank you for your help!!
I used a thin towel and cover the steering wheel to protect the cluster from scratches. If you are sitting on the driver's seat and start pulling the cluster, you need to move it towards your left and at the same time try to turn your steering wheel to the left. Make sure your turn signal is all the way to the left and also you need to remove the head light switch. I did mine with the driver's door open and took me less than 15 minutes. I suggest you replace all the light bulbs since you are already there. I hope this helps.
1995 318ti E36 Alpine White III DASC (RIP)
1996 328i 4Dr Artic Silver (RIP)
1999 M3 Estoril Blue Metallic RMS Vortech SC
2001 325i E46 Alpine White - Sports Package (SOLD)
2005 E46 M3 Coupe SMG
Mendi3 is offline   Reply With Quote