View Single Post
Old 05-09-2006, 06:16 PM   #11
Gen

Default Instrument Cluster Removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96ti
I remove my instrument cluster w/o removing the sterring wheel. Easy enough. As someone in this forum said (don't remember who the guy was), I used painting tape to cover the face of the instrument cluster, protecting it from scratching. first, remove the two screws that hold the Ins. cluster to the dash. then pull it out, disconnect all the connectors, place the ins. cluster face down on the steering wheel. Turn on left signal light, then turn the steering wheel to the left slowly (it's easier if your engine is on). To make the job even easier, full out the head light switch before turning the steering wheel. With the Ins. cluster out, the switch can be poped out in no time. Hope this help. I did all of this in 10 minutes. And I did it 3 times LOL. Crazy me.
Hi, I found your message from old thread.
I was trying to remove my instrument cluster to replace odometer light bulb last weekend; spent about 3 hours, then gave up.
Instrumet cluster did not come out even turning steering wheel left and right because space between the steering wheel and dash board was too narrow, and right side there is a wiper switch arm, and left side there are turn signal arm and head light switch.
Is it possible for you or someone to explain little more in detail for its removal instruction?
Thank you for your help!!
Gen is offline   Reply With Quote