View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 05:53 AM   #76
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by antny View Post
I understand the injectors are scaled for the right pulse and width. You need to be able to make corrections to timing across the power band for power and knock correction. I am not a fan of just a reflashed ecu. Do they work? Absolutely! Is it the best for every single car? Not so much. I had my previous cars dyno tuned because of elevation and fuel are different in different locations hence why I would want to go to a standalone. I have never really heard many good things about megasquirt. Do you know how midnight tuning actually reflashes the DME? Is it software that is available to the general populace like opensource ecu is for Subaru's and Evo's? I just am leery because Oklahoma fuel sucks and have left alot of horsepower on the table for pump fuel maps in the past. I would like to be able to either be able to street tune the car or get it on the rollers. It gets pretty hot here in the summers and would like to be able to retard some timing and boost. I would probably definitely use meth injection and am a big fan of the aquamist system for their failsafes. Thanks for all the info so far its been helpful. I know you have gone down the path already and have done the leg work in which I am thankful. The engine management part is the part that concerns me especially going NA-t.

You should talk to Barrie directly at Midnight. On flashing yes I fully understand since I do the US flash work. I use a bench flasher with battery back-up and line conditioner. All tunes are not a base tune you need to log with a LM-2 and send those logs to Barrie to get the correct tune...
xxxJohnBoyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote