View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 01:38 AM   #1
Tasmaniak

Default Thinking of doing a body swap to a Ti

So I currently rock an E36 325i (technically it's a 318i sedan with an M50TUB25 with 5 speed and 4 cyl diff)

Done a lot of work to the engine, suspension and brakes. Very happy with the car, while I'm still working out the swaybar settings as it's like driving on a knifes edge at the moment. Grips like poop to a blanket, but when you exceed that grip limit, all hell breaks loose. But thats just setup that is being ironed out.

What is going to be my performance changes by swapping my motor into a Ti? I have been offered a 318Ti for next to nothing. I'm interested to hear opinions on performance of the two. I understand the Ti will be about 200kgs lighter, but nearly all that weight is removed from behind the rear wheels. Handling difference with the CoG being moved forward?

The Ti is an auto, can I assume the sedan manual pedal box will go straight in? I'm guessing I'll need to find a 325Ti manual tailshaft? When I did the sedan swap, I only needed to swap the back half of the tailshaft... does that move across also, or do I need a whole new tailshaft?

I know google can answer the technical questions, but I would like to hear different opinions on the performance questions
Tasmaniak is offline   Reply With Quote