View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 01:05 PM   #3
SNOWti
Banned

Im upset AND want to inform others who may look him up.

You are right, I should of had inspected, I bear a bit of responsibility in that. At the time, I bought it a slight rush after an accident and needed a small hatchback and safety and maneuverability and bit of sportiness, which I found out the ti had. I came from Toyota and GMs. Toyota - great engine, sad handling and ride and stability, pathetic and dangerous, same with GMs. At the time, I also needed to get on the road for work reasons and so on, I bought the ti not for posing, tuning or moding, I bought it because I needed a safe, strong, super-handling, rear drive, sporty hatchback with good driver visibility and practicality. I saw it on craigs and it was within my budget, I said, lets try these out. I love ti's now. I own two.

Anyway, its not little things, the transmission slipped a day after, I asked him about it, and he said, I must of turned on the A/M button to M. He acted like he didnt know that but c'mon now, the dude had driven it for commuting, he knew. Eff that. Although there are times it drives fine, the tranny - auto - heats up very hot and then starts slipping and thumping into limp mode with gear light. Thats when I accelerate and it doesnt go! It just revs up and doesnt go, high RPMs and them thump and limp mode.

Now, that problem just doesnt appear suddenly, thats a growing tranny issue and HE KNEW IT. I may have to replace it or do serious tune up or something. It may just cost me an additional 1500 as recommended by a BMW mechanic with experience and a good rep.

There were other problems that arose - briefly because perhaps too much detail doesnt matter - coolant leak that wasnt there the or left there the day I bought it. Rack and pinion was leaking - replaced. Oil pan gasket, steering clock spring which revealed that something was done to the steering as a result of an accident. The dude said oh the salvage title was becuase they stole it and they crashed the driver side bumper. Bull****. The whole side of the car has bondo work when I had it lifted up for a brake job. The paint is coming off - cheapy paint, although the body work is not that bad. That explains the steering and door not fully closing where it the car thinks I have the door ajar when I dont. The windows caved in, both. The rear brake sensor was glued to the car harness. One of the rear suspension bars was out of the anti-sawy bars, I have to fix that. He pretended to lose the "service records" which was bull****, he never had anything on the car. The closer I looked to detailing the cars interior, the more gunk, filth and stains I found, some people...

But on the good side the engine is smooth, strong and the car drives excellent on freeways, solid handling, powerful at times, good acceleration, and so on.

I can do into more detail but I dont know, Im angry yes. Because the car will end up costing me more to "restore" than buying a preserved and appreciated one.

Dont blame the victim.

Last edited by SNOWti; 12-30-2009 at 02:44 PM. Reason: .