View Single Post
Old 02-04-2016, 09:16 PM   #202
konamark

Default Added Info on this DIY

Aloha Guys,
I know it's an older thread... This is a very helpful DIY in determining what was the problem with my window, but I wanted to add something that may help others...

I bought a new regulator/ sliders and the window kept popping out from the front towards the outside door panel. After countless times of twisting the front track, trying to get the proper alignment, I noticed the window in the track was sliding front-to-back extensively (about an inch). There's a rectangular access port at the bottom of the front guide rail and I used the large piece of wood or the handle of a large screwdriver and pushed the rail back to minimize the 1" gap previously encountered. DO THIS WITH THE WINDOW IN THE FULL DOWN POSITION. I had also noticed that the bottom of the front rail was flaired wider than the top of the rail , so I squeezed it togther with a pliers (with the window removed). There wil be some gap remaining, front to back, but not as large as was previously there. Tried it up and down several times and slammed the door hard multiple times with the window down... So far... So good! I hope this will help others...
konamark is offline   Reply With Quote