View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 07:23 PM   #34
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by performanceisland View Post
So i installed my secondary air pump simulator in the car finally a few weeks back, i checked the simulator with multimeter for correct settings, wired it in correctly with help from johnboy here, i dont get any codes for o2 sensors and car runs great as usual, so i know its wired in properly, however i still get the check engine light on at right about 40 miles after scan and reset, whcih is how many miles have to be driven for the SAP system to be ready in the computer, in my 318ti. Its the only code in the ECU and i have reset it three times, same thing every time, at about 40 miles driven after scan code comes back, any ideas?
Sap Simulator need to put out voltage of 200mv on red wire to DME when the SAP is active. I think your mv is too high so the DME thinks the SAP is not working. It is very picky and needs to be set at 200mv. Are you sure the SAP is active when you first start the car. It should only run for 30-50 seconds then turn off. If the unit is not working the code should not show until the next time you have a cold start. Nothing about 40 miles into a drive, I've driven 250 miles with no code then the next cold start gave the code when the unit was not working...

I know of at least 25 units with no issues.
xxxJohnBoyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote