View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 05:44 AM   #27
Recon427

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MIZ129 View Post
i have this same leak ive had it for like a week is a serious leak should i deal with it now? i have no money or tools to do this right now..
i guess id have to go to a shop if its a serious thing.. if so how much do you guys think they would charge me
If you go to an independent shop they would probably quote you about 2 hours worth of labor at least.

The parts are cheap [less than $10 total] and it would take you about 3 hours to do on your own if you took your time and studied everything. Take you 1 hour if you were just replacing the gasket and getting out of there. But I like to clean all the parts I take apart and clean the surrounding area. So I spent half a day doing this.... but my engine looks nice now

Remember the alternator is a pain to get out. I filed down the mounting brackets on the alternator and lined them with white lithium grease for easy installation and and future removal. just and fyi .

Good luck Save the money and try this yourself. Spend the money you would spend at a shop on some neat upgrades