View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 06:00 PM   #4
urbanmisfit

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
OK -I have used other similar boards with no issue. Here I search on a string such as "overpriced dealer parts" I get 405 results. If I just search on "overpriced" I get 96????

It looks like it is looking for any of the words in the string and not all of the words?

Is there a way around this? I could not find anything in the FAQ or advanced search function.

Reason for the search is I'm curious as to the leeway dealers have in pricing parts - I need a plastic trim piece drivers door sill interior - realoem gives PN 51478146953 for a staggering $13.52 great I'll go to the dealer and buy it - local dealer quotes $28+ as well as $25 for a shift knob medallion. BMW of south atlanta online has it for list, include shipping and it is still cheaper than the local???

Paul
I hear you! I just bought a '96 and doing searches for higher milage preventive maintenance parts and procedures is very time consuming!
I just spent 3 hrs looking for an all alu rad that didn't cost $900!
I belong to a Jeep forum that has user reviews of popular aftermarket parts and a vendor page that lists model specific parts as well.
But BMW vendor sites sually it go like this:
year
make
model
sub-model....DUH!! no 318ti listing!
apparently a 318 ti does NOT qualify as an E-36
Best one was Mishimoto Radiators; called and asked for a rad; they said nope; and yet a retailer lists it! WTF!!
urbanmisfit is offline   Reply With Quote