View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 04:05 PM   #4
crAppAchic0

Vehicles

Honestly, I had very similar problems and I found (with the help of a few others) that with the H&R race springs -we're just concentrating on the fronts for now- the ride height was so low that I was riding on the bumpstops in the front. So if you were to corner hard and brake, you'd be bottoming out the front strut, so you'd get the initial turn-in like you'd expect, but you'd bottom out the suspension before the apex (usually) and would proceed to plow right past where you wanted to go.

The common temporary fixes I've heard of are additional springs pads up front to raise your front static ride height, get back some of that travel- however, in the end, the common issue is that the springs are too low, too soft for the usable travel you have in the front end. If you could go to a stiffer front spring, that would help, and maybe get the front end back up to a happier point in the travel. Or, you could figure out if there's taller front strut mounts or even shorten strut bodies, allowing you to drop further before bottoming out the strut, but then it's up to you to figure out what's the next thing to interfere (like other suspension components, the car body, etc.)
crAppAchic0 is offline   Reply With Quote