View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 05:36 AM   #6
dantheman67

Alright! I put the exhaust in today and changed the thermostat, motor mounts and fuel filter. Took it out for a drive tonight, didn't know what to expect. This is the first time I've led a big car project before, other times (rebuilding an engine) I was doing it with the help of my friend. I hired a guy from craigslist for this clutch change as a second set of hands.

Anyway, I took it out for a drive. The belts squeal loudly because I spilled coolant on them when I replaced the thermostat. The car also idles horribly, bouncing up and down and almost stalling out. But the good news is the clutch grabs relentlessly and that little engine pulls HARD from 10mph+! I couldn't take it up to redline because I ran out of straight road but it got up there FAST.

Hopefully the idle issue is just a loose intake hose somewhere; I'll check it out in the morning if I have time before school. The clutch engagement point is much closer to the floor now. That is normal, right? I didn't do anything with the clutch hydraulics.

Last edited by dantheman67; 04-09-2013 at 05:42 AM.
dantheman67 is offline   Reply With Quote