View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 02:59 AM   #5
minipete

Default OMG..I just found out about Leif...He was

My 2nd cousin...I just started doing Ancestory.com around xmas..He was on my famly tree, although I knew absolutely nothing about him......His grandfather, was my grandfather's brother. I got an email this morning from another person working the family tree who lives in LA area and said he just found out he died and that there was a nice obit on the forum here...That being said..I have been driving BMW's since 1971 (my first was a 1969 2800CS Coupe) and amongst other things, we have five in the family right now (nice stuff, not new stuff). Anyway to find out Leif was a reknown BMW and was driving them back in the days when we used to flash our lights at the other rare oddballs driving them is insane to me. To think perhaps he might have been in the Monterrey Historics Laguna Seca BMW tent when my son and I came down from seattle and were there every other year and we didn't know each other is also insane. I could have used his help when in Nov 2009,I flew down to LA and bought a beautiful 1991 E30 318is sight unseen for my youngest son when he turned 16.

Last edited by minipete; 02-08-2012 at 03:05 AM. Reason: didn't use spell check
minipete is offline   Reply With Quote