View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #20
ti3

I've been looking around and can't seem to find the answer to this question:
I want to switch from the stock '95 ti brake setup to the '95 m3 spindle hub/rotor, setup... will this change wheelbase/offset?
I know the stock offset of the wheels is 38mm vs 41mm on the ti vs m3 BUT I don't know if thats due to other factors or if its all in the spindle/hub making the difference, or if they just wanted the m3 to have a different wider stance without changing the hub design or something...

The reason I ask is because I will have to to put on different rims with the bigger brakes, I have the H&R coilovers, but the coilovers changed the geometry a little making the 17"x9" rims that I have not fit (by about 3-5mm, rubbing on the coil spring) if the slotted rotor/hub etc of the '95 m3 places the mounting point of the hub as little as 5-7mm outward I probably won't need to buy spacers and save some buck. otherwise I will need the Turner motorsport hub extenders and 7.5mm spacers. Anyone have any clue about the differences in the geometry?
The one thing I did find was that the '95m3 has a little more camber built into the spindle I think so that may change things a little too, and I am planning on replacing the control arms while I am at it, but am not sure if upgrading to the M3 arms will change things too... UGH... I know too many quesTIons but any help would be appreciated before I start ordering the wrong parts for the swap.
ti3 is offline   Reply With Quote