View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 02:31 AM   #15
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFox View Post
Well I cleaned out my ICV with some carb cleaner, put everything back together. Check all the grounds from the battery and I followed the main + cable through the wire harness and made sure everything was tight. I touched every bolt and gave it a good turn to make sure everything is secure. Check the battery, just under 16v, ditto with the alternator. No lights, smooth idle. Took her out for a vigorous test and she is running fine now <3
Wow 16v, that seems really high! Glad she's running good now, hope it stays that way. BTW FWIW, Carb cleaner is probably the worst thing you can use on rubber and plastic parts. It dries them out almost instantly, especially rubber o-rings. The only thing carb cleaner is good for is cleaning carbuerators while you're rebuilding them and only after all of the o-rings have been removed. Brake & Parts cleaner or SimpleGreen are much better choices for cleaning/degreasing Even engine degreasers such as Gunk and STP have really harsh detergents that can dry and damage stuff if you don't rinse it off thoroughly. Purple Power degreaser has alkalines that can harm aluminum parts if left to dry or soak for extended periods.
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote