View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 07:11 AM   #9
CirrusSR22

tastade, Thank you for your input. The M44 squid is still a tough bugger, but it seem a little easier than the M42.

From memory, here's what needed disconnecting.

• The starter was the hardest, with three nuts holding on four wires. The fourth was a red battery(?) cable that got paired up with the larger wire in the squid. It helped to remove the fuel rail first and install the rail last to gain access to the starter wire. I needed to work from above and below the car to access them all.

• The alternator wires were pretty easy. Just two nuts/wire with fairly easy access.

• The knock sensors were not part of the squid. They ran to the main harness under the intake manifold. I didn't need to touch them.

• The camshaft postion sensor just plugged into the side of the squid body, so it was easy to deal will.

• One more plug into the side of the squid body, but I forget what this was leading to.?

• One plug to the DISA

• One plug to the oil pressure switch

• Four plugs leading to the fuel injectors. These were all topside, so they were easy.

• One plug to the idle control valve. Another topside easy one.

• One plug to the throttle position. Topside and easy.

• One plug leading to something on the side of the head. I think it was a temp gauge/switch of some sorts.
CirrusSR22 is offline   Reply With Quote