View Single Post
Old 11-25-2014, 12:36 AM   #24
alika808

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaliimc View Post
Aloha Alika808! I live in Honolulu as well; currently trying to keep the TI from falling apart, it's 18 years old now and really showing its age. If you need any help with your car, questions, extra set of hands, let me know.
I am pretty sure if I need help, I will let you know. I just completed my 1998 318ti project with 103,000 miles, I bought for $400.00 plus $60.00 towing fee, the owner decided to sell it cheap because he don't want to invest more money since his mechanic don't how to troubleshoot BMW, he keep changing stuff, like the relay for the fuel pump, changed with the wrong relay and it caused to burned the wires going the DME. Of course, he thought he fried the DME and changed that too without the EWS match. Also he changed the fuel pump only, not the fuel pump assembly, I think to save him money but the cost for the pump and fuel pump assembly, just to save $30.00. The fault before I took over were no power at the fuel pump but power input when override the relay, no spark at the plugs but power input at the coil pack. To make the story short, I replaced a bunch of fried wires and installed back the original DME. Well, the culprit was the crankshaft sensor and it cost me $125.00 at Hawaii Imports ( I am endorsing this company).By the way, my daughter driving now to school. Good thing to know we people from Hawaii like you. Thank you (Mahalo).
alika808 is offline   Reply With Quote