View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 08:38 PM   #10
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

hehehe sorry man, I was in an irritated mood last night(no beer and quitting smoking FML). As you can tell, I'm a big fan of style 5's and pretty much all two-piece e39 wheels for that matter. I've ran style 5's, style 19's and style 42's as well as a bunch of other wheels in the past. Style 5's are probably my favorite. I think I'm one of the few people who actually likes OEM e39 style 5's BETTER than BBS RS's. I like the flat lip better than the stepped lip. I like the look with and without center caps. I like the fact that they're two piece vs. the RS's which are 3 piece(pain in the ass and just another thing that could fail IMO). I like the fact that they're plentiful and relatively cheap. And I love the fitment. Hey man, just stick around long enough and you'll learn everything you ever wanted to know about these cars. There's all kinds of things that people do that goes against the grain. That's what makes the ti so special. We've used rear ends off of e30's, suspension off of Z3's, front ends off of M3's, you name it, someone will try it and let you know if it works, lol. We're not purists or elitists, we're the bastards of the BMW community. Heck, we take crap from everyone and that's why we love the hatch.
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote