View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 10:44 PM   #8
klohiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaughn View Post
Turning radius on BMW cars is better than the turning radius on anything out there... I always laugh when I see people in big land boats making u-turns and they need three lanes and they still end up having to reverse the car, or end up in the dirt... Even the big BMW cars such as the 5 series wagon or the 7 series sedans have great turning capabilities.

If you don't think you are responsible enough to handle a high horsepower car the Ti is perfect... You won't win any red light drag races, but hey, you shouldn't be doing that kind of crap anyways.. A Ti is more of a nimble lets go fast through some corners kind of car.
exactly what I was thinking, plus higher maintenance costs because it's been turbo its whole life, rear tires wear out very quickly (they are toed-in from the factory for more stability), and how rare they are...the number overall aren't that far off a 318ti, but when you factor in the many were non-turbo, nearly all the turbos had t-tops and a bunch were a color I don't particularly like (yellow, blue, red, teal, etc) - when you sift through all the options you want you notice there are barely any within the entire US that were ever sold with what you wanted on them. You could argue about swapping engines, drivetrain, interior parts, paint jobs, but then you get out of the great price range the car is in...I digress lol

The 240sx is quite common and in stock form is really quite bland and boring, but a 318ti although not very fast is amazing in what it offers for the price.

Is there a sticky on any website about what options were offered for what years and what colors were offered? How about how many california tops were sold and what years they were offered?

I'm thinking I want a sunroof/moonroof with traction control...I'd prefer no abs though...obviously a 5-speed too

EDIT: found a few scraps of info about the 318ti and I guess the tcs uses abs sensors to tell if the car is losing grip...I guess I'll have to go without tcs or comprimise a little and get abs
klohiq is offline   Reply With Quote