View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 09:08 PM   #17
roadrash
That's not Millpoint Blue

Vehicles
Default A few notes

I just did this and wanted to add a few notes:
  • The plastic grating covering the air plenum should be left on as long as possible. This will prevent nuts/washers/etc. from the wiper arms from falling into the vent system. Yes, I did.
  • I could have reused all of the clips, but went ahead and installed the new ones since I'd already purchased them. However, there was one weird square-shaped pin that I reused. Maybe that was unique to my car, I dunno. If you see it you'll know what I mean, if you don't see it, it's not an issue for you.
  • When you install the new cowl parts, be sure to check the outside edges and make sure that the vertical rubber window weatherstripping is ON TOP OF the cowl parts.
  • I also reused the round plastic screw-on caps on the passenger side. The color difference wasn't glaring, but I'll check it later just to be sure. I might add some Forever Black if it's noticeable.
  • Total time was about 1:30, but that includes installing cabin air filters and figuring out a way to make the e-bay filters work (and changing clothes once I realized that I was going to get dirtier than planned due to the unforeseen air filter installation). To do just the cowling shouldn't take more than about 30 minutes.

Mods 'n' stuff: Star Spoke 43 wheels - X-Brace - Mason Engineering front strut brace - CF gauge overlay - ZHP shifter knob - Racing Dynamics cat-back - Doubled brake lights - M-tech rear spoiler
From Page 68 of the 1997 Owners Manual: "Vehicles equipped with ASC+T remain subject to the laws of physics."
roadrash is offline   Reply With Quote