View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 08:06 PM   #15
mohaughn

Where at in Florida?

Looks like a nice setup, where exactly are you spraying the meth? The reason I ask is another member on here had to have his eaton SC rebuilt after spraying meth through it... I didn't think the eaton SC included in the DASC kit was even up to the task of pushing out more than 12-14 PSI for any length of time. Have you been running it at 16psi for awhile?

Back to the original question. Good luck finding a dinan big bore TB.. I haven't seen one of those for sale used in the past three years... I know some other folks looked into how to bore it out and I think the problem comes about with how it has two ports that open up. So you actually need someone to bore it out, and then they need to fit new butterfly flaps to fit the larger openings. There really is not much room to open it up a lot.

You might be better of trying to figure out if there is a TB from older E30s that only have a single opening, not two openings, and if you can somehow retrofit one of those.

The member bam2002, on here, is over in the Tampa area and I know he got ahold of a dinan TB and took it to a machine shop to see if they could reproduce it with a stock M44 tb. You might want to check with him if he ever went any further with that project. He also runs the Tampa area BMW autocrosses.
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote