Thread: Low Fan Relay
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 01:00 AM   #1
Tyler
TRETEN IRGENDEINES ESELS

Default Low Fan Relay

So i'm driving home form work tonight and there was bumper to bumper traffic on the hgwy,which is normal but this was 3-4 miles b4 it usually starts. Once i get up the road i see a z3 broken down off the hgwy with fluids all over the place. About 2 minutes later still bumper to bumper i notice my heat gauge rising. I noticed it at 3/4's so i quickly turned on the fan and cranked up the heat and it went down to normal. I didn't want there to be 2 bmw's broken down with in a 1/4 of a mile. Once i got home i pulled out the bentley manual and tested the cooling fan switch or the wiring harness that plugs into it. Came to the conclusion my low fan relay was bad. So i pulled the fuse cover off and swithced the a/c relay with the low fan relay since they were the same and it fixed my problem.

Just thought i'd post this cause i thought i was in serious trouble. I went to the local parts stores and they don't carry them so i got to stop by one more place and if i'm out of luck then stopping at the dealership. bavauto.com doesn't have a low fan relay but a 5 prong relay which is identicle for $12.95.
clear outs all around,stealth turning signals,blue led interior lights, 35% tinted windows,K&N air filter, 12" Kenwood Sub, MTX Thunder Amp,Alpine cd changer, Leatherz Armrest,ACS Pedals/Handbrake/FloorMats & Vitesse Tuning Carbon Fiber B-Pillars/CF Spark Plug Cover, New 16" MSW Typer 14 Rims on Goodyear Triple Treds

www.myspace.com/avusblueti
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote