View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 04:56 AM   #2
M3_KILL3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by RK318ti View Post
Hi folks,

I just recently bought my 1995 318ti (108000mi)- I have experience with Porsche to some extent (I used to work for Inskip Porsche) but NONE with BMW! So I will most assuredly sound like a bonehead to the majority of you! I have a strange rotational noise that almost sounds like metal on metal brakes, or like tires on a wet roadway. It only happened within the past couple of days when it was 25 degrees Fahrenheit outside. I wonder if it may be a drive shaft noise? I pulled the front wheels off, brake pads look great, the wheels spin freely, everything seems fine. Any ideas???
explain the sound more...if its the driveshaft you should hear more of a whinning, or a spinning action. it could be something loose and running against the ground did you go over anything? it might be the brake shield hitting the rotor. where is the sound coming from? the front, rear, or middle. i doubt the weather would produce the sound